E-Start on an E-tech?

Side Show

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just made a deal on a 2012 Summit X 163. Stock sled with a can, gas jug and cover. It also has electric start. These sleds start so good, is e-start really necessary? Is it worth the time to take it out to save the 10-12lbs? Also, how was the factory clutching on the 2012s? I have a Team floating secondary and jack shaft on my '08 and it works great. Should I change anything right away? Or just ride it and see how it works? Thanks!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would ride it at first. Clutching was pretty good right from the get go. If you yank the E Start you will have to buy a recoil for it then. I personally have seen more failures with recoils over the years than e start kits.

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Same sled I have except mines a 154". Keep the e-start, It's not just for ease of starting on a flat level surface. I've had to start sleds with recoils when they were precariously perched on a 70 deg. + angle ( not fun ). I've had no issues with my e-start.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not needed but the next sled I buy will have one. The etec starts well but the estart is nice to have.

Top Bottom