Dude outruns avalanche

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sneaky for a fat guy huh! :beer:
yep....lol. I was digging for a link and gave up, couldn't remember the name of the damn thing. I had an old 'doo helmet made by lazer that came with one of those seatbelt style connectors, I sure liked it. was super easy to clip and unclip even with gloves on

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replied back to him after he said to me "my helmet never fell off you dumb sh!t" and let him have it. told him you could see it easily when you went frame by frame and that he knew he was the idiot (in not so pleasant words). his post and my replies were deleted

edit: just watched it again, he chopped the end of the video off lol

LOL nice!

For anyone that's wondering, the end of the clip (before it was edited) used to be the helmet cam flying through the air, rolling in the snow and then remaining motionless and snow covered for about 45 seconds?....and then magically it appears to be picked up again......Of course this is just allegedly what happened because it never really fell off.....

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep....lol. I was digging for a link and gave up, couldn't remember the name of the damn thing. I had an old 'doo helmet made by lazer that came with one of those seatbelt style connectors, I sure liked it. was super easy to clip and unclip even with gloves on

They actually stopped making those for years because most of them didn't pass the DOT tests. Basically worked as well as the minimum helmet requirement, it kept the wind from blowing it off, but that was about it.

Motorcycles are the perfect example: there's more sportbike crashes than cruisers (sad to admit being a crotch rocket fiend myself), but more fatalities per crash with cruiser riders due to protection. Most sportbike riders (yes, most. I'm not counting the GSXR rider wearing shorts and flip flops. LOL) wear better protection while quit a few cruiser riders buy their helmets from places like the store in Edmonton that actually advertises "Smallest lightest legal helmet"........sounds safe.
I've had 2 memorable crashes in my life (neither my fault actually), one I got lucky while wearing a 20 year old crap helmet that didn't fit (old lady pulled out from a stop sign right in front of me), the other in a race car where the proper equipment saved my life (T-boned at 90kms/hr, split my helmet open).

I've ridden with guys that don't do their helmet up for that reason, it's a pain and they think they're on snow so they'll be fine. Umm, trees and rocks are a little harder than snow....... Really? Why bother wearing it in the first place then? Ok, rant over. Lol.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They actually stopped making those for years because most of them didn't pass the DOT tests. Basically worked as well as the minimum helmet requirement, it kept the wind from blowing it off, but that was about it.

Motorcycles are the perfect example: there's more sportbike crashes than cruisers (sad to admit being a crotch rocket fiend myself), but more fatalities per crash with cruiser riders due to protection. Most sportbike riders (yes, most. I'm not counting the GSXR rider wearing shorts and flip flops. LOL) wear better protection while quit a few cruiser riders buy their helmets from places like the store in Edmonton that actually advertises "Smallest lightest legal helmet"........sounds safe.
I've had 2 memorable crashes in my life (neither my fault actually), one I got lucky while wearing a 20 year old crap helmet that didn't fit (old lady pulled out from a stop sign right in front of me), the other in a race car where the proper equipment saved my life (T-boned at 90kms/hr, split my helmet open).

I've ridden with guys that don't do their helmet up for that reason, it's a pain and they think they're on snow so they'll be fine. Umm, trees and rocks are a little harder than snow....... Really? Why bother wearing it in the first place then? Ok, rant over. Lol.
most cruiser riders are spodes as well, lot of cash to buy a big bike but not much motorcycle experience. usually when the sportbike guys die, speed is the biggest issue. doesn't have to be crazy excessive speed, but they accelerate so quickly when grandma pulls out in front of them there's really no chance to avoid it. but I do agree, most of them are wearing good equipment except for good pants and boots.

I've ridden bikes since just after learning to walk, owned both cruisers and sportbikes in later years and got rid of them. now I have a plated CRF and haven't had so much fun on a bike. ATGATT....sometimes it's a b!tch but I'm too old to take chances anymore.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most cruiser riders are spodes as well, lot of cash to buy a big bike but not much motorcycle experience. usually when the sportbike guys die, speed is the biggest issue. doesn't have to be crazy excessive speed, but they accelerate so quickly when grandma pulls out in front of them there's really no chance to avoid it. but I do agree, most of them are wearing good equipment except for good pants and boots.

I've ridden bikes since just after learning to walk, owned both cruisers and sportbikes in later years and got rid of them. now I have a plated CRF and haven't had so much fun on a bike. ATGATT....sometimes it's a b!tch but I'm too old to take chances anymore.

Same, ridden bikes my whole life. (Including being a passenger before I could even walk! Those were different times. Lol)
The only thing I slide on is pants. I tend to just wear jeans most of the time (never less). And if the temps are over 25, I've ridden with a t-shirt as well (riding extremely cautiously knowing the consequences)

And the first crash I was 19, in sneakers, torn jeans, and a helmet from 1980 purchased 16 years prior at the same time as the bike I was on.......my dad's 1980 Honda CX500 Custom.......not exactly a rocket. Lol

Ok, back on thread topic!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same, ridden bikes my whole life. (Including being a passenger before I could even walk! Those were different times. Lol)
The only thing I slide on is pants. I tend to just wear jeans most of the time (never less). And if the temps are over 25, I've ridden with a t-shirt as well (riding extremely cautiously knowing the consequences)

And the first crash I was 19, in sneakers, torn jeans, and a helmet from 1980 purchased 16 years prior at the same time as the bike I was on.......my dad's 1980 Honda CX500 Custom.......not exactly a rocket. Lol

Ok, back on thread topic!
lol....it's my thread, i approve.

I remember riding in front of my pa on the gas tank of his CB 650 in a helmet that was like 3 sizes too big. he'd take me for a lap around the block to get me to stop wailing every time he went to go for a ride.

I wear so much gear now I won't ride if it's hot out. I even have padded shorts for cryin out loud. I had some pretty good offs when I was younger, with way less gear on and I've been real lucky. dropped a 650 honda nightwawk when I was 16 after smacking a softball sized rock on the highway at night. tank slappers at highway speeds are really not fun, kinda rode it out until it drifted into the grass on the edge of the shoulder and down we went into the ditch and parted ways. that ended my night riding fun right there, I'm still a granny on the bike in the dark.

just a couple years ago I took a chance, rebuilt my 450 and took it camping to give it a break in. put on a helmet, boots, pants but no upper body protection. went for a boot down a gravel road along the river for her maiden voyage to see if I put it back together right. rode a few miles, seemed good, temp was up so I leaned into it. got it up to just around 80mph and a fawking deer popped out in front of me. that shook me good, I was a hair away from being a grease stain on that gravel. got it on vid too. fast forward to the one minute mark to get to the deer.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder why helmet manufactures don't put that quick starp in factory it would make way more sense.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder why helmet manufactures don't put that quick starp in factory it would make way more sense.

Same reason some sled mfgrs don't install tether cords from the factory.....wait...........I don't know what that reason is. :confused: I call it stupidity!

I've actually seen a couple of helmets with them factory, and I owned one quite a few years ago that had the release built into the side of the chin guard. I really liked that helmet.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my street bike helmet has a quick release strap that is factory......my sled helmets I had to add them......its the only way to go!
Same reason some sled mfgrs don't install tether cords from the factory.....wait...........I don't know what that reason is. :confused: I call it stupidity!

I've actually seen a couple of helmets with them factory, and I owned one quite a few years ago that had the release built into the side of the chin guard. I really liked that helmet.

Top Bottom