Drywallers

scorpio

Reaction score
Looking to insulate and drywall my garage this year. I will do the wall insulation myself but looking for recommendations for blown in insulation for the ceiling and for drywall install including taping and mudding.

Garage is 24' x 40' with one 16' door and one 8' door and 12' ceilings.

Also, looking to use radiant tube for heating if anyone has a suggested dealer / installer as well. I was thinking the Furnace Company as they did my A/C and did a great job.

Thanks for your help.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking to insulate and drywall my garage this year. I will do the wall insulation myself but looking for recommendations for blown in insulation for the ceiling and for drywall install including taping and mudding.

Also, looking to use radiant tube for heating if anyone has a suggested dealer / installer as well. I was thinking the Furnace Company as they did my A/C and did a great job.

Thanks for your help.

Get a hold of Blayne @ B.Wright Drywall
Tell him that Doug, his former employee & the one who bought his truck.
Recommended you :D

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your help.

Right up my Alley 24 yrs dry-walling under my belt! Be sure to use a 6mil vapor barrier poly, and vapor boots on ceiling and outside wall outlets around your electrical boxes, tuck tape all rips and tears and around all outside wall and ceiling receptacles. I'd also run a bead of acoustical sealant on the outside wall top, corners and bottom plate edges before you poly the walls. Makes for a nice seal.You can use fireguard drywall 5/8" or 1/2" regular. Check to see what your insurance coverage difference is between the drywall board used!!!! Gotta protect the toys :)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your help.

Right up my Alley 24 yrs dry-walling under my belt! Be sure to use a 6mil vapor barrier poly, and vapor boots on ceiling and outside wall outlets around your electrical boxes, tuck tape all rips and tears and around all outside wall and ceiling receptacles. I'd also run a bead of acoustical sealant on the outside wall top, corners and bottom plate edges before you poly the walls. Makes for a nice seal.You can use fireguard drywall 5/8" or 1/2" regular. Check to see what your insurance coverage difference is between the drywall board used!!!! Gotta protect the toys :)

P.S. Totem rents the blower unit and sells the blow in insulation! Rule of thumb is mark from the bottom of your roof truss up to 14" with a felt and blow insulation up to that line for R40 value :)

Top Bottom