drop and roll for 97 summit!

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Would like to drop and roll my chain case so i can fit 2.5 lugs!
what all need to be done?
is it going to be a pricey job?
As it is right now i can just fit a 2" lug!

justin:rolleyes:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Would like to drop and roll my chain case so i can fit 2.5 lugs!
what all need to be done?
is it going to be a pricey job?
As it is right now i can just fit a 2" lug!

justin:rolleyes:

Move chaincase back 2" and down 3" so that jackshaft is outside (into tunnel). Cut new holes and re-mount everything, make up new trailing arm mount on chaincase side, blah blah blah. Very tedious job, it can be done but it will take some skill.

What drivers are you running? It might be easier to switch to a 7T driver than do the d&r. You could call Fabcraft, I think they used to make a drop and roll template for the s-chassis that makes the job 100 times easier. Juist bolt on the templates and drill the holes and re-mount stuff.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Move chaincase back 2" and down 3" so that jackshaft is outside (into tunnel). Cut new holes and re-mount everything, make up new trailing arm mount on chaincase side, blah blah blah. Very tedious job, it can be done but it will take some skill.

What drivers are you running? It might be easier to switch to a 7T driver than do the d&r. You could call Fabcraft, I think they used to make a drop and roll template for the s-chassis that makes the job 100 times easier. Juist bolt on the templates and drill the holes and re-mount stuff.

Thanks mod man!
I was hoping to get the drop and roll templates! but if not then i guess i have a big job ahead of my! i have 8t drivers!!

Justin

Top Bottom