Drones- Who’s Using Them?

DTH

Reaction score
I'm not completely sold on the smart controller yet, read about some bugs and glitches it's been having. It's essentially an android platform phone built into a controller. The nice part is the screen brightness, I don't think there's many devices out there that come close to it's 1000 nits.

I'm using an 8 inch Asus tablet, the bigger screen is nice enough that I don't think I could go back to a phone size screen. The only way I'd think of getting one is in a combo like with the air 2, they are almost $900 to buy separately.

I'm too old to read the little messages that pop up on the phone screen while flying without wearing reading glasses, with the glasses on I can't see the drone in the air and have to take them off. Sometimes the little pop up messages tell you some important things lol.
It's still $560 more than the normal fly more package. I think I'll just go with the fly more and see what happens down the road.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DJI goggles make flying these DJI drones so much better. Find a used set of goggles for under $350 on Facebook or Kijiji. I fly my Mavic pro much better now in bright sun or in rain (bought a wet suit for the drone).I don't have to look at any screen (or the drone) anymore .I can see twice as much while in flight as compared to the Ipad screen. Very comfortable to fly 2km away three batteries in a row (1.5 hrs flight time ) with the fly more package.
I like my i pad for flying

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DJI goggles make flying these DJI drones so much better. Find a used set of goggles for under $350 on Facebook or Kijiji. I fly my Mavic pro much better now in bright sun or in rain (bought a wet suit for the drone).I don't have to look at any screen (or the drone) anymore .I can see twice as much while in flight as compared to the Ipad screen. Very comfortable to fly 2km away three batteries in a row (1.5 hrs flight time ) with the fly more package.

I will check out googles. I do have 2 sets of batteries for mine. Get about 20 minutes to 30 minutes fly time. Then have to change the 2 batteries

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the letter of the law, you need a spotter if you are using goggles. Must maintain visual line of sight to keep it legal.

That said, I think goggles would be a fun thing to try. Spotter or not lol

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to what peeps are using for Apps for flying, are some better than others? I have heard of UAV, Windy, etc.. any feedback would be appreciated and if they are kept updated. Not sure on the google app that's for sure there maps suck as it is, there has to be better ones out there with more precise and real time updates.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
037b5a8301abbd87280477119512ea9c.jpg

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That app looks pretty good, also gives you NFZ,s looks like it stays updated, just wondering how it would act out in the boondocks. Might have to give this 1 a whirl. Thank you.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3999.jpg

This acreage is listed for sale now.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the dji phantom pro and the dji mini 2, love the mini. Fun to fly.

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mavic 2 gimbal is suddenly not usable.
Flops around on startup. Tried to auto calibrate a bunch of times. No luck.
Anyone replaced one at home? Or who to send it to for repair?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I sent my Inspire 2 to California to get fixed.

I had a motor fault.

Check DJI Canada they might have a repair place.

My motor. Recalibrated and update was 600.00.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've replaced the gimbal ribbon cable myself a few times due to crashing. And ripped the elastics the gimbal is suspended from. Stuff is cheap online.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a DJI mini. Under 250 grams. Better for in town.
Use big drone out in the country

Anyone use the dji mini?

Top Bottom