Driveshaft update

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got off the phone with 3 different Brp dealers, 2 in alberta and one in Sask. (where I bought my ren. x) seeing what the staus of the axles were. The one in Camrose Said now that there shipment for monday didnt show, they had done 10 or so and i was #13 on list, they told me to phone BRP assistance, and ski-crap said not much and told me to tell the dealers to phone there parts dept. - everything is BO and all dealers told me they will probably only be getting 30% of there order. What the hell. Piles of sleds sitting! On the phone they all off heard of just 4 breaking. Myself was with a buddy with a 146 on a poker rally and it parted, he got tossed, i have heard of many in the mountains.
The letters said not to ride till fixed, whens that next Sept. they knew there was a problem last year, and ive heard last years recalled driveshafts are being recalled and the circle begins.

I do ride a renegade (137) 800 miles and no driveshaft problems, and dealers claim it probably wont go. I just want it out of mind so when i am climbing a hill or going 80+ mph i wont have to worry about it.

--- have trip to revy Jan 2 and xmas being so close i just cant see many getting fixed in the near future,

Thanks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Got off the phone with 3 different Brp dealers, 2 in alberta and one in Sask. (where I bought my ren. x) seeing what the staus of the axles were. The one in Camrose Said now that there shipment for monday didnt show, they had done 10 or so and i was #13 on list, they told me to phone BRP assistance, and ski-crap said not much and told me to tell the dealers to phone there parts dept. - everything is BO and all dealers told me they will probably only be getting 30% of there order. What the hell. Piles of sleds sitting! On the phone they all off heard of just 4 breaking. Myself was with a buddy with a 146 on a poker rally and it parted, he got tossed, i have heard of many in the mountains.
The letters said not to ride till fixed, whens that next Sept. they knew there was a problem last year, and ive heard last years recalled driveshafts are being recalled and the circle begins.

I do ride a renegade (137) 800 miles and no driveshaft problems, and dealers claim it probably wont go. I just want it out of mind so when i am climbing a hill or going 80+ mph i wont have to worry about it.

--- have trip to revy Jan 2 and xmas being so close i just cant see many getting fixed in the near future,

Thanks.

don't know what to say....I have my 3rd one in as I speak....awesome dealer....and I was riding this year whether or not I got the newest replacement....we ride the back country and a lot of places it would be the chopper if it went again but I didn't really care, I was riding....It didn't matter that in the letter BRP said don't ride, I will ride and I will suffer the consequences from my own actions and deal with it....

I can't tell you not to worry about as you already are, so keep phoning and maybe you'll get lucky....:xmas-smiley-018:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we have an insurance mod for your axle in stock $89.95 cdn, put it in, weld it, forget about it.:d

Attachments

• DCP02831.jpg
    DCP02831.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 21

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of cost for installation, or cost to weld up, may as well go this way as waiting for brd seems like it may get done 2010.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yank out the axle clean it up insert tube run a bead on both ends . take off about 3/8" for the speedo insert pick-up, re-install, forget about your axle and go riding with peace of mind, and if you want sell off your position in the axle line-up. call me if you want 403-938-0930.

Top Bottom