Drinking while Sledding

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
non of the guys i ride with drink on the hill.---weighs alot less and u need a lighter to start fires anyway.just my 2cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to drink and ride when I was younger but haven't done so for years now. I get too crazy with the fun flipper so I just wait until the end of the day, over doo it, and puke in my balaclava all the next day. Everyone is safer that way.:d:beer::d:beer::beer::beer:
But your balaclava sure stinks.:d:d

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never drink and ride, drive or sled.
Wait till after it's parked for the night.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Nothing wrong with having a beer with lunch. But remember, beer is a diuretic and makes you pee more. Always make sure you take lots of water up with you to keep hydrated. Dehydration is a danger up there. Alcohol also increases your risk of getting hypothermia. Drinking "to warm up" is a total misconception.

Knowing alot of the Search and Rescue guys here, I can say for a fact that probably 75% of the people that get into trouble on the mountain have been drinking more than they should have.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
non of the guys i ride with drink on the hill.---weighs alot less and u need a lighter to start fires anyway.just my 2cents.

Man that was a funny post...wish it never got edited...lol!:d

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the guys i ride with drink a few beers on the hill, but they dont get abbsolutly chit faced and i dont discourage them at all about it cause its there choice, but i will never drink on the hill, just because i dont think its right, and because of accidents ive seen and herd,

karbz700

Reaction score
Seems to me that now a days everything has to done with drinking. Not much is done without it now.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple beers for the day - one at the top with lunch and one back at the truck while loading up. Not an every trip thing to pack by any means more of a late spring deal once in awhile.

I have to say that alchohol abuse is very common in sledding areas. Sled alot in Invermere area and between BC bud and lots of alchohol not a very family friendly area at times.

Not against anyone having a few drinks , but let's not put others at risk or uncomfortable sitting in warm up cabins with everyone getting rowdy and out of hand.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
water. I pack a few of those single serving iced tea packets to dump into the water bottle when I feel like living on the edge.....

I see a lot of guys here that take one or 2 up the hill, I just don't understand why one beer would be so satisfying. not admonishing anyone for it, I realize it aint going to make you all crazy and stuff.

I have no interest in drinking one unless a dozen more are right behind it, and definitely not while sledding.....but hey, to each his own.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't drink while driving to the hills, at the hills or the way home from the hills. Not a big drinker anyway. But I also personally think they need to crack down some more on drinking driving,sledding, quadding, boating. I also agree 1 for lunch is not going to hurt anybody but the guy who sits in the parking lot with his buddies and empties the flat gives all of us a bad name and puts my life at risk when he follows me out of the staging area going home. Not 2 bash anybody who commented here but that what the bars and lounges are for at the hotel. :beer: is a :nono: to me on the hills.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com

Last edited by bbtoys; Yesterday at 09:00 AM.

Does this edit mean that nobody smokes crack on the hill, that crac does not exist or that you are not allowed to post anything that resembles a joke on a thread that has been beat to death on every forum having anything to do with motorsports???

Help me out here......

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Add firewater and people become bullet proof save the party for later at lodge bar etc its better to talk to the persons we ride with than about them

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya.... you see it quite often, but I was wondering why CRACK was edited out of the post.

Maybe because people might think that it refers to the crack found on everyone's backside. Thus implying that not everyone's crack is of same size, or quality...intern being racist!!...lol!...please don't edit:d

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually take two or three beer's up with me. I know my limit's and I would never jeprodize the people around me or myself because of booze. I perfer a beer over a pop or juice anyday. It just taste's better. Lot's of my buddy's around home will take a case or more on a trail ride....and that's just crazy! If you can't ride without being gooned then you should find another sport cause this one will bite you.My 2cents.

Top Bottom