Dragon crankshaft replacement

660canuck

Reaction score
I am helping a friend rebuild his 08 Dragon. His top end went last season and he took it in to the dealer. They torn down the top end for inspection and gave him a quote to repair it. The quote was pretty unreasonable so he decided to pick it up. He ended up renting for the rest of the season so the sled has sat in his garage since last January. I offered to install the fix kit for him so he dropped it off at my place. The crankcase was stuffed with rags to keep debris out which was good to see. Once i pulled the rags out I found that the crankcase was full of coolant. The crank hasn't seized, but it's been submerged in coolant since last January so it can be trusted. What is my best option for replacing it? Rebuild or buy a whole new assembly?

ran9559

Reaction score
Give these guys a call in Quebec, most shops get their rebuilds from here. I received 2 cranks from them last season and they also do crankcase line boring.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you clean the crank up it might be ok? Coolant is an anti corrosion liquid. Or is there rust all ready? If not you have to replace it look into a new crank from Polaris they are Fuji cranks and are supposed tougher.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definantly need to take it apart and clean it up reguardless The Crank Doctor in Prince Albert Sask can also help you out. I may have his number if you need it.

Top Bottom