Doo 850 factory Turbo vs Cat factory Turbo?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch this video and tell me that's a good rear skid.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7uSXZwhsr_/?igshid=bkqbq7ekv2a5

That’s a really silly statement. Why don’t you explain what a good skid is? There is clearly a disconnect between what some would consider a “good skid”. For people buying expert package snowmobiles especially the turbo version, we are looking for a responsive “playful” rear skid that allows the front end to respond to throttle input to perform technical maneuvers in technical terrain. Simple. The expert snowmobile is literally designed to flip over backwards easier to perform these maneuvers hence the short tunnel. No snow flap for snow evacuation short tunnel for re entry maneuvers. Clearly yourself, Fredw and LennyR will likely never ever be interested in having a snowmobile that can perform such maneuvers because you are stuck highmarking each other on the bunny hills because you have no clue that a completely different method and style of riding exists. If brp put a coupled rear skid in these snowmobiles no one would purchase them. That’s not the type of riding anyone is doing anymore those skids are a thing of the past. A skilled rider will make that turbo etec climb a wall even with the skid that is in it. It’s all about how you manipulate the snowmobile. RIP to the fellow that past away but you are completely insane if you think the rear skid was at fault.

By the way, that sled in the video is a good friend of mine. I’ll tell you one thing he’s never complained about a stock rear skid! That’s called learning to ride a faster snowmobile in poor lighting conditions. Oh and also it’s fully equipped with raptor ACE rear suspension LMAO not much BRP even left in that skid.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had wrote up a decent reply to this, but for some reason it got deleted, before it got posted... not in the mood to do it again

very sad seeing some of the replies here and from them... this Issue will not go away and we will be reading about this again, unless brp does something real soon, saddd

Like I texted you this morning. There is no issue, this is the sled technical riders want. This sled isn’t built to keep the skis off the ground 2 inches climbing monster chute at 100mph.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That face in sugar bowl is steep as fak. People wreck there all the time. You got your water to air intake Boost-it kit, with the baker skid.

Now ur ready to climb the biggest baddest chit in Revy with no chance at all of getting magled by your sled rolling down the Gash :rolleyes:

WTF do people think this is, a bubble park.

Fred Lenny and skegpro would like BRP to bubble wrap the new 850
Turbo to keep everyone safe! It’s a dangerous sport folks. When you sign your name on the line for that new sled and smash the throttle you take full responsibility for your actions. No suspension modification is going to save lives. No matter what configuration the manufacturers build sleds in people will get injured. Far to many variables on the mountain to say a rear skid frame is a serial killer

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5c1d8e025b3c0dc604ff39dddfcd68a8.jpg

I found this for FRed, Lenny skegpro.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last reply on this before I'm done with it on here..

in the 70/80s we had a Honda three wheeler, loved it to death, I never hurt my self other than knocking a few teeth out and a few rolls, I was saddened to here they discontinued it because of injuries and lawsuits, latter in life I now see things differently

let's see where this doo now goes, Baker/redline are gearing up there stock, if nothing is changed by brp, they could be very busssy..

Be a lot of inexperienced riders this fall receiving one of these big power snow checks and be clueless to its ability and weakness..

will history repeat itself

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a really silly statement. Why don’t you explain what a good skid is? There is clearly a disconnect between what some would consider a “good skid”. For people buying expert package snowmobiles especially the turbo version, we are looking for a responsive “playful” rear skid that allows the front end to respond to throttle input to perform technical maneuvers in technical terrain. Simple. The expert snowmobile is literally designed to flip over backwards easier to perform these maneuvers hence the short tunnel. No snow flap for snow evacuation short tunnel for re entry maneuvers. Clearly yourself, Fredw and LennyR will likely never ever be interested in having a snowmobile that can perform such maneuvers because you are stuck highmarking each other on the bunny hills because you have no clue that a completely different method and style of riding exists. If brp put a coupled rear skid in these snowmobiles no one would purchase them. That’s not the type of riding anyone is doing anymore those skids are a thing of the past. A skilled rider will make that turbo etec climb a wall even with the skid that is in it. It’s all about how you manipulate the snowmobile. RIP to the fellow that past away but you are completely insane if you think the rear skid was at fault.

By the way, that sled in the video is a good friend of mine. I’ll tell you one thing he’s never complained about a stock rear skid! That’s called learning to ride a faster snowmobile in poor lighting conditions. Oh and also it’s fully equipped with raptor ACE rear suspension LMAO not much BRP even left in that skid.

post of the year. it's only January though haha :beer:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So,sorry you missed my sarcasm . First , my condolences to the fella from Red Deer and his family and friends. My comment was directed to another one of the self proclaimed experts on here , lduke. The sarcasm was referring to his dumb comment regarding people dying because of AC clutches. I could have missed the news , but haven’t yet seen or heard of that happening . Probably not something to keep you up at night , except of course in lildukes case apparently. He must of been terrified during the Doo belt explosions a while ago, but , he managed to soldier thru !
PS, I think the new Doo is pretty groovy,( and I do understand the function of a limiter strap) Good on Doo, looking forward to trying one .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So,sorry you missed my sarcasm . First , my condolences to the fella from Red Deer and his family and friends. My comment was directed to another one of the self proclaimed experts on here , lduke. The sarcasm was referring to his dumb comment regarding people dying because of AC clutches. I could have missed the news , but haven’t yet seen or heard of that happening . Probably not something to keep you up at night , except of course in lildukes case apparently. He must of been terrified during the Doo belt explosions a while ago, but , he managed to soldier thru !
PS, I think the new Doo is pretty groovy,( and I do understand the function of a limiter strap) Good on Doo, looking forward to trying one .

I was making a joke too. but I guess that got your panties in a bunch. Im not loosing any sleep trust me. I like talking about sleds and sledding though. I bet you haven't rode one In years by the way you talk...lmao

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was making a joke too. but I guess that got your panties in a bunch. Im not loosing any sleep trust me. I like talking about sleds and sledding though. I bet you haven't rode one In years by the way you talk...lmao

You’ve used that joke before , sounded dumb the first time and still does. And I don’t wear brand name panties or Jammie’s. I leave that to you flag waving Doo tards. Like I said , I think Doo might have hit a home run here, if they did i’ll Be on one. Unlike you , not cause of the decal.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’ve used that joke before , sounded dumb the first time and still does. And I don’t wear brand name panties or Jammie’s. I leave that to you flag waving Doo tards. Like I said , I think Doo might have hit a home run here, if they did i’ll Be on one. Unlike you , not cause of the decal.

didn't you have that 14 bdx pos posted for sale with like 10km on it? lmao

hey I went jet boating once last year, but you don't see me over in that thread telling you, that you don't know what ur talking about.

but here you are, cause that's you. and we love you for it.

now pisz off. haha

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the 850T, there is nothing wrong with the rear suspension. The rear shock is valved stiffer than before.
Some custom shock valving and torsion springs,to personalize it for me, but there is no need for a fancy rear suspension from baker. Im quite happy with the KYB’s.

I do not know the instances surrounding the accident In revy and Im not going to even begin to pick it apart. It was a unfortunate accident that can potentially catch a seasoned rider off guard. If im not mistaken that happened to a veteran rider last winter around this time.
Saying the suspension was the cause of the accident is insane.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't you have that 14 bdx pos posted for sale with like 10km on it? lmao

hey I went jet boating once last year, but you don't see me over in that thread telling you, that you don't know what ur talking about.

but here you are, cause that's you. and we love you for it.

now pisz off. haha

Bite me buttercup ! Haha. And i’m Sure with your ego, you think in your mind you would naturally be better than most on any river. I’m right , right ?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bite me buttercup ! Haha. And i’m Sure with your ego, you think in your mind you would naturally be better than most on any river. I’m right , right ?

no, I like he reading what you have to say
about boating because you do it all the time, and I wouldnt go try to tell you anything about jet boating.

I went sledding 120 days a year for 6 years, but hey I'm sure your on my level even though ur 85....

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I rode the Doo turbo last weekend. Its a cool sled. I was expecting more, but still goes pretty good. I have a video that about a minute long of quick test ride. It includes a pretty short and steep climb. In NO way is the skid the problem. I consider myself to be an average rider and I had no issue with it flipping over backwards. It does wheelie pretty easy but its how you manage and react to it. I have been on polaris for a long time and I can hop on a Doo and ride it no problem.

What happened is very sad, no one should lose there life enjoying the outdoors on there new sled. My condolences to the family and friends that are affect by this terrible accident. Didn't another accident happen on the trail and someone died? Do sleds go too fast now? Thats the relevance to what is being said about the skid. Is it the best for steep shute climbing... no. Its a decent all around skid that skidoo has had for along time. Remember this is only 165 hp.... not a 8psi 220hp aftermarket kit.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
images (1).jpg

loven this thread. Funny to read some peoples thoughts. to most of the riders in here now. Bruh, this turbo will knock you're socks off, don't bother. haha New sled for me next year but it won't be this sweet sexy looking tubski...too much machine for this guy. i'm just here for the comments. carry on:popcorn:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, I like he reading what you have to say
about boating because you do it all the time, and I wouldnt go try to tell you anything about jet boating.

I went sledding 120 days a year for 6 years, but hey I'm sure your on my level even though ur 85....

6 years , holy smokes ! That’s a long time , hard to believe no brand has sponsored you yet !

And it’s not surprising your comments on my age, albeit you missed by a lot , seems to be quite symptomatic of your age group . Self esteem is important , and you’re certainly a winner in that category.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 years , holy smokes ! That’s a long time , hard to believe no brand has sponsored you yet !

And it’s not surprising your comments on my age, albeit you missed by a lot , seems to be quite symptomatic of your age group . Self esteem is important , and you’re certainly a winner in that category.

shows what you know lmao. many of the best riders never get any recognition .

that being said, I have had many companies sponsor me, most notably raptor shock gave me over 10g in suspension parts, peaks lodge let me stay free of charge one entire season..

people have payed me hundreds of dollar to come ride for the day.

I could have perused it more but, people on here at time were all like sposherd rider crap. ext

and at the time I wasike **** it, not to brag (dick head)

but I come from. a well to do family and don't need the hand outs.

now duck off old balls

Last edited:
Top Bottom