Donald Trump can kiss my Azz

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wall is going to stop squat for the desperate "terrorist" to get into the US. Thousands of people got thru the Berlin Wall and the consequences were worse as you would be shot at. This wall issue is nothing more than Trumps ego as he promised to build it during the campaign and have the Mexicans pay for it. Now the master of spin doctoring is changing his story saying he never said they were going to write a cheque but thru other means of paying for it. What a line of BS he is spewing. I am all for proper border protection etc etc to keep the continent safe but this is more than that. Even the drug cartels are innovative by using subs so a organized terrorist group determined to get in will not simply change plans because of a wall.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wall is going to stop squat for the desperate "terrorist" to get into the US. Thousands of people got thru the Berlin Wall and the consequences were worse as you would be shot at. This wall issue is nothing more than Trumps ego as he promised to build it during the campaign and have the Mexicans pay for it. Now the master of spin doctoring is changing his story saying he never said they were going to write a cheque but thru other means of paying for it. What a line of BS he is spewing. I am all for proper border protection etc etc to keep the continent safe but this is more than that. Even the drug cartels are innovative by using subs so a organized terrorist group determined to get in will not simply change plans because of a wall.
Not going to stop the very organized and determined ones Dennis but will slow the flow down substantially. Border guy on TV said 94% of crossers are going where there is no wall. The other 6% are at barriers. Over 2000 people a day are trying it? 2000! From different countries as well. Everyone knows it will take more than a wall. Immigration reform as well as better technology and more of it but something has to be done. Like Trump said yesterday, This should have been done 30 years ago as it used to be the odd person crossing for economic reasons on their own. Now the cartels are running the border game.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Ken but like I said, I personally don't think a wall is going to stop the determined individuals. It will slow them down yes but if there is a will there is a way. Travelling in 3rd world countries I have seen what the desperate will do. What Trump should have done in the first place is not make a platform promise that the Mexicans are going to pay for it and now this has turned into a huge mess not just for gov itself but the thousands of people not getting paid. It truly is sad.

Not going to stop the very organized and determined ones Dennis but will slow the flow down substantially. Border guy on TV said 94% of crossers are going where there is no wall. The other 6% are at barriers. Over 2000 people a day are trying it? 2000! From different countries as well. Everyone knows it will take more than a wall. Immigration reform as well as better technology and more of it but something has to be done. Like Trump said yesterday, This should have been done 30 years ago as it used to be the odd person crossing for economic reasons on their own. Now the cartels are running the border game.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When he first said Mexico would pay for the wall ??
My thoughts at that time it would be through tariffs or something along those lines ?
I never thought for a minute that Mexico would have crews building it or sending funds for USA to spend .

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, he got calledl on this as they have brought up proof in writing saying otherwise not just once but several times.

When he first said Mexico would pay for the wall ??
My thoughts at that time it would be through tariffs or something along those lines ?
I never thought for a minute that Mexico would have crews building it or sending funds for USA to spend .

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can take some design advice from Israel. Reports are their wall is working. The money Trump is requesting also includes funding for better contraband etc... detection at the regular ports of entry. Varying distances of wall have been built under a number presidents. Their egos as well?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Ken but like I said, I personally don't think a wall is going to stop the determined individuals. It will slow them down yes but if there is a will there is a way. Travelling in 3rd world countries I have seen what the desperate will do. What Trump should have done in the first place is not make a platform promise that the Mexicans are going to pay for it and now this has turned into a huge mess not just for gov itself but the thousands of people not getting paid. It truly is sad.

Locking your truck or your home won't stop determined individuals from getting in either. So should you just throw away your locks?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can take some design advice from Israel. Reports are their wall is working. The money Trump is requesting also includes funding for better contraband etc... detection at the regular ports of entry. Varying distances of wall have been built under a number presidents. Their egos as well?

I go to Israel for biz often and no the Wall is not 100% secure. As a matter of fact, while driving along the wall you cannot stop as you have a huge chance of having rocks, small gun shots etc etc. so no the wall does not work that well there either.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Locking your truck or your home won't stop determined individuals from getting in either. So should you just throw away your locks?

Like you said if they are determined to get in they will. Same for the border crossing a 5 billion dollar wall won’t solve anything but keep migrant workers trying to cross. The bad a$$es will find a way.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to Israel for biz often and no the Wall is not 100% secure. As a matter of fact, while driving along the wall you cannot stop as you have a huge chance of having rocks, small gun shots etc etc. so no the wall does not work that well there either.
You're right. The reports are that it's only reduced illegal entry by 99.?percent, and bombings and terrorist attacks are only down significantly. Better tear it down.

Top Bottom