Does anyone know the numbers to call for getting a heli in the Sicamous area?

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
www.pixelperfectphotography.ca
We are heading out to sicamous tomorrow for a couple days of riding. I was just curious if anyone knows of a heli service that goes to that area and what their contact information is? I like to have all my numbers in my phone and with my family back home in case of any emergencies. I think we are probably going to be riding Owlhead but I'm not sure yet. That will all depend on where the snow is. :)

Thanks again guys.

spike

Reaction score
I hope these are up to date:
Advantage Helicopters Salmon Arm 250-803-0275
Canadian Helicopters Vernon 250-558-9545
CC Helicopters Kamloops 250-376-7790
Selkirk Helicopters Revy 250-837-2455
Lakehead Helicopters Chase 250-371-7162
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
just so you know those heli companies won't respond to an emergency without being called out by Search and Rescue. They will only fly out a broken down machine, or things like that. IF an actual emergency arises, you must call the local Search and Rescue/Police/911.

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
www.pixelperfectphotography.ca
Thanks Chris. And ya, we know they wont do "emergencies" per se, we have the Spot for that and I have all the RCMP numbers. I ride with a large group that has turbos though and I like to have numbers to get us out if someone breaks down or has problems/ gets stuck etc. I just like to try and be prepared and it makes the loved ones at home feel better having all the possible contact numbers also.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. And ya, we know they wont do "emergencies" per se, we have the Spot for that and I have all the RCMP numbers. I ride with a large group that has turbos though and I like to have numbers to get us out if someone breaks down or has problems/ gets stuck etc. I just like to try and be prepared and it makes the loved ones at home feel better having all the possible contact numbers also.

Repped ya for that.

Never plan to fail - fail to plan.... Being prepared is a key when in the mountains / back country.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
My name is Jimmy with Lakehead helicopters and have been doing snowmobile rescues at the Crowfoot/ Grizzly area and our phone number is 250-371-7162 and that number is manned 24/7. As far as search and rescue and emergencies go WE WILL AND DO RESPOND TO EMERGENCIES. For anyone to say helicopter companies dont respond to emergencies and that you must call search and rescue and 911 first is very misleading. If someone goes missing in the area we can be there within 20 minutes searching, retrieving, waypointing, calling you back and letting you know where the missing souls are or picking them up and bringing them to safety. We are a listed approved BC Ambulance medevac
capable operator and really wonder why anyone would say you cant call the helicopter companies to help. I work closely with one of the search and rescue team members in Chase and with a call to me there will be a call to him by me and he will co ordinate that side of it as well.
All that being said I have sledded the mentioned areas Pokey and Lichen and have dirt biked the alpines of Crowfoot, Pokey and Grizzley and flown them too, we are the closest, fairest priced and I go the extra mile for you in regards to getting the sled to the parking lot and sometimes deliver to your home if your from out of town or store it in my shop until your around again, whatever your scenario we can manage it for you.
Sincerely,
Jimmy www,lakeheadhelicopters.com

Wow that makes me feel all fuzzy inside thanks for the info and its nice to know that you got our backs,thanks again.

Chris

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heli info.
We were just out in that area. No break downs but I'm definitely going back and will keep this number handy. The tree wells are deep. This one was a minor bump in the day. The pic doesn't show it but my sled was almost vertical.

Attachments

• DSC00972-w640-h480.jpg
    DSC00972-w640-h480.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 146
Top Bottom