Dodge running boards falling off

c_nelson99

Reaction score
I had same issue on my 1500, what I did was make brackets to support the running boards out of angle iron. I then bent the angle iron flat, drilled holes in it and used body bolts to anchor the running boards like the aftermarket boards do. Worked like a charm.

To the morons that think it doesn't happen to the oem boards on fords and gm's....keep sniffing glue and re-living your glory days having a mullet.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me where the Ford or GM owners are complaining about this! face the fact that your trucks are poorly made and will continue to fall apart. All the childish personal attacks In the world won't change that fact.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me where the Ford or GM owners are complaining about this! face the fact that your trucks are poorly made and will continue to fall apart. All the childish personal attacks In the world won't change that fact.

I asked how to fix them, not your opinion on whats the best truck. I guess I already own it so I have to maintain it so... Go model for a calendar or slide down a pole or something

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somehow to me repairing this type of crap isn't maintenance, but what do I know. Enjoy cobbling together your truck. You'll get lots of practice.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow bud, did some real man in a dodge diesel steal your ol lady or something? Lol

We ran a ratchet strap from the seat out the door and sucked the board up tight. Its pretty solid. Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow bud, did some real man in a dodge diesel steal your ol lady or something? Lol

We ran a ratchet strap from the seat out the door and sucked the board up tight. Its pretty solid. Lol
U would have done that too lmao

aaron_m

Reaction score
I had stock running boards, replaced for the Nfab three step ones. Looked bitchin.
then ripped the sheet metal where they were mounted.
brutal
oh well

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup…. now between them they have a full set of teeth….

c_nelson99

Reaction score
obviously you've never worked in the bush, dont kid your self the gms fall apart too. what kinda douche you gotta be to troll on a thread that a guy is asking for help just be the token knob that has to chirp off.

But than again, you are sitting in your fire house jacking to gm brochures stroking your mullet cause you don't have a cat to rescue from a tree.

Tool..

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
obviously you've never worked in the bush, dont kid your self the gms fall apart too. what kinda douche you gotta be to troll on a thread that a guy is asking for help just be the token knob that has to chirp off.

But than again, you are sitting in your fire house jacking to gm brochures stroking your mullet cause you don't have a cat to rescue from a tree.

Tool..

Ooooh. That's the best you can do? I guess that's why you're up in bumf$$k junction in your single wide making $20 an hour. Not the brightest, are you?

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tool..

And us firemen don't have to "jack". Women like clean, reliable and dependable guys with good jobs and a full set of teeth. Everything you're not!!

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u could just buy a real truck and quit bashing everyone that doenst own a dodge, when you ask for opinions your going to get them period.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are people supposed to feel good about themselves unless they are bashing others? I was under my new truck the other day checking things out. They put aftermarket boards on. The boards still mount to the factory holes but also have an add on piece that runs up to the cab mount. You could remove the boards, install a bigger nutsert and bolts and the weld or bolt on an additional piece that runs up to the cab mount.

Top Bottom