Dodge Journey R/T AWD

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just telling it like it is people.I like the company I work for by the way 08154xp.....I talk to the owner,controller and sales people the same way.It's a on-going joke around here....Ford guy working for a Dodge dealer.Also to let you know a couple of things,I have been working for Dodge dealers for 12 years,Am one of the two shop foreman,I have been a Chrysler Master Tech for over 6 years,One of few true master techs.Have been invited to work for Chrysler Technical Assistance Hotline as well as engineering.Won't move east so I stay here.Won the master tech challenge(Canada) and ranked third overall USA/CANADA.I can stand behind what I say.I will tell you lots of things wrong with other manufactures and models I have seen in the past and worked on.If someone asked for my opinion,I will give a truthfull answer,not suger coat it.The Dodge product looks nice generally but certain models have "issues".shemnek asked for opinions and I gave him a solid answer....TSB,Recals and RRT don't lie.BTW,other than the salesman that get demo rides,only 4 people out of a shop of 26 techs drive the product we repair.All manufactures have their issues....I just know the Dodge product well from the repair aspect.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just telling it like it is people.I like the company I work for by the way 08154xp.....I talk to the owner,controller and sales people the same way.It's a on-going joke around here....Ford guy working for a Dodge dealer.Also to let you know a couple of things,I have been working for Dodge dealers for 12 years,Am one of the two shop foreman,I have been a Chrysler Master Tech for over 6 years,One of few true master techs.Have been invited to work for Chrysler Technical Assistance Hotline as well as engineering.Won't move east so I stay here.Won the master tech challenge(Canada) and ranked third overall USA/CANADA.I can stand behind what I say.I will tell you lots of things wrong with other manufactures and models I have seen in the past and worked on.If someone asked for my opinion,I will give a truthfull answer,not suger coat it.The Dodge product looks nice generally but certain models have "issues".shemnek asked for opinions and I gave him a solid answer....TSB,Recals and RRT don't lie.BTW,other than the salesman that get demo rides,only 4 people out of a shop of 26 techs drive the product we repair.All manufactures have their issues....I just know the Dodge product well from the repair aspect.

Fair enough, just saying that all we see at the dealership service departments are unhappy customers with problems so it is easy for us to become a little jaded. Yes there are lots of happy customers too but we dont remember them we only remember the ones with issues. I have been with dodge dealers for 8 years and their product has come a long long way from where it started out 8 years ago. I grew up a Ford guy as well but the only issue i have is bashing a brand which is all too common especially when you represent that brand through your employer. They all have issue but saying "they are junk and stay away" for me is over the top. You may know your stuff being a master tech but all the vehicles you see are going to have issues of they would not be in the shop. We move a ton of journeys and there is a reason they sell.

Anyhow we probably are not helping the original poster here so that is it for me on this one.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
I have a receiver hitch for a Dodge Journey that I have been tripping over for the last two years.

If anyone interested send me a PM....Cheap $ or rum....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I applaud you for your honesty as opposed to sugar coating it like others would cause they are afraid of their shadow.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a 09 journey se, 2.4 l motor, decent fuel milage, some where around 30 mpg. i put 100 000km on it, traded it off b/c i'm 6'5", my wife is 5'10", and with rear facing car seats there is hardly enough room to be comfortable. we had no issues mechanically with the car, except the windshield wipers wouldn't work every so often:confused:.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Bunn for your honesty. The last thing i want is BS!! Since i posted this i have talked to a couple other people and have heard about the same problems that Bunn posted.

CatRpillar

Reaction score
Look at a RAV4 also. With the V6 I'm getting 28mpg, tows 3500 lbs and Toyota is deep discounting 2011's. I tried my best to ignore them when I went looking for an SUV last year but after driving a bunch of vehicles I finally figured out why there are so damned many of the things on the road.

Top Bottom