Dodge 3500 DRW - which model year to get?

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've decided to move up from my 3/4 ton Duramax to a newer 1 ton Dodge DRW. (for hauling our toy hauler)
I love my Duramax, but need a 1ton DRW and I don't want to drive a train, so I've decided on the Dodge Shorty.

I spoke with a pretty knowledgeable guy a year ago about his DRW Dodge. I forget all the details, but he mentioned that the newer dodges have come a long way from his year. His comments were about how the ride has improved cause of some kind of cab air ride and some other stuff about the mechanics of the truck. I wished I had remembered what he said... I want to recall which 'minimum year' he suggested to get.

If I had the coin, I'd just get a 2013, but I can't, so I'd like to find the year of the dodge where the big improvements were.
I think he said it was in 09 or 10 that Dodge made some great changes. (changes that made the biggest bang for your buck)

Any comments on which late model Dodge would be the best bet?
(I've looked online, but there were only 6.5 million threads about Dodge DRW's and I get sidetracked pretty easily! lol)

TIA

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was '10+ for the 2500 and 3500 upgrades. and '09 of the 1500s

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've decided to move up from my 3/4 ton Duramax to a newer 1 ton Dodge DRW. (for hauling our toy hauler)
I love my Duramax, but need a 1ton DRW and I don't want to drive a train, so I've decided on the Dodge Shorty.

I spoke with a pretty knowledgeable guy a year ago about his DRW Dodge. I forget all the details, but he mentioned that the newer dodges have come a long way from his year. His comments were about how the ride has improved cause of some kind of cab air ride and some other stuff about the mechanics of the truck. I wished I had remembered what he said... I want to recall which 'minimum year' he suggested to get.

If I had the coin, I'd just get a 2013, but I can't, so I'd like to find the year of the dodge where the big improvements were.
I think he said it was in 09 or 10 that Dodge made some great changes. (changes that made the biggest bang for your buck)

Any comments on which late model Dodge would be the best bet?
(I've looked online, but there were only 6.5 million threads about Dodge DRW's and I get sidetracked pretty easily! lol)

TIA

What is the towing capacity for a newer dodge dually. My 2011 2500 HD is rated to tow on the hitch 16,700. I bet the dually isn't much more. Check into this.

Top Bottom