Dodge 2500 diesel?

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for a '98 12V dodge diesel 2500 short box, does anyone know of any good places to find them? i've been through kijiji many times but not having much luck

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and a 24v would do the same thing.....just a newer motor....kind of like an sx700 and an xp:rolleyes:

Yes and no, the 12v is a far superior engine then the 24v. It is pretty much better in every way. For about $5 they can have much more power then 24v to :) Mechanical over electronics FTW.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while i hear what your saying. the 12v doesnt exist for a reason anymore.

yah thats the part i dont get!:confused: it was an awesome engine!

we hauled 3,000 lbs of scrap metal on a 2.5 hrs each way and spent $20 each way! and it hauled it no prob! it actually ran better after that! and on top of that we got $600 for the scrap!:d...........good day.

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my guess is they dont have the 12v engine anymore is because people like to have all that electronic stuff and the mechanical engine just isnt good enough for them. i like the 12v's because is they are simple and they make good farm trucks:d

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 12V wasn't able to meet the stricter emission requirement. Thats why they updated the engine with 24V, and an electronically controlled injection pump. (the VP44)

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good old emmisions AGAIN when will they give up on it. That hole in the OZON layer is just the chiminey

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Cummins B 5.9 was introduced in 1984 as an agriculture engine. It was not until 1989 that it became the first B-Series Cummins engine to be used in a light duty truck; the Dodge Ram. The B 5.9, also known as the "12 Valve", became a popular alternative to the V8 engines typically used in these trucks, as it generated nearly double the torque at low engine speeds and nearly doubled the fuel ecomony as well. Mid-year in 1991, the B 5.9 recieved an intercooler. The 12 valve featured Bosch Direct Fuel Injection utilized a VE injection pump between 1989 - 1993, and a P7100 injection pump between 1994 - 1998. The 12 valve 5.9 remains one of the most popular engines in the market, despite being replaced by the 24 valve ISB midway through the 1998 model year.

In 1998, the BT 5.9 was redesigned as a 24 valve engine to updated emission requirements. ISB stands for Interact System B. The ISB featured a Bosch VP44 rotary injection pump until 2003, when the injection system was upgraded to a Bosch high pressure common rail fuel injection system, which increased power output. In 2001, a high output (HO) version of the ISB became available, which slightly increased the ouput of manual transmission equipped trucks. A 610 version of the ISB became available which pushed torque to 610 lb-ft. Well known for its low speed torque, the Cummins 5.9 ISB has an advantage over V8 diesel engines in the light duty truck market.

http://www.cumminsdieselspecs.com/12v.html is where this info is from :)

Top Bottom