• Snowpulse

Votes: 274 28.8%
  • I Do Not Wear An Air Bag

Votes: 257 27.0%

• Total voters

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife and I both wear them and we encourage anyone that takes one of our clinics, that they are a proven tool that will drastically increase your odds in survival as well a self rescue.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Got a abs sb 5 for Christmas. Who all deploys there bags and makes sure everything is working 100 percent the first time before there trip to the hills?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode out at provost yesterday, lots of snow, good ride, wore my snopulse just in case figgin safety ya know.

Repsolx3

Reaction score
I went with the ABS since it has 2 air bags one on each side. if one side malfunctions the other side should still inflate. other brands a only one air bag. Although I did like the snowpluse cause it wraps around your head and gives extra protection. But over all I think they are all great products and if your in the back country and can afford a sled you should get one.

Hooligen

Reaction score
I went BCA, after trying them all on, the one that stood out for me was the BCA and snow pulse, i went with BCA because it was 300 bucks cheaper and I throw a scuba tank in my sled trailer and i can fill the bottle in the parking lot if I ever had to pull. I think the most important thing with any air pack is being familiar with it. I blew my bag off 3 times before i took it to the hills, twice while running my sled across my yard, just to burn it into my memory where the t handle was and how it worked. theres been lots of times where im coming down the trail at the end of the day and get a km or two from the parking lot and ill yard on it just to get that much more comfortable with pulling it. Down side your buddies qiuckly learn how to pull it for you and come up beside me on the trail and want to make sure its working. LOL Good riding buddies are always watching your back i guess. lol. Love my BCA, is it the best ? Dont know. Is it better than nothing ? Guaranteed ! JMO

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I went BCA, after trying them all on, the one that stood out for me was the BCA and snow pulse, i went with BCA because it was 300 bucks cheaper and I throw a scuba tank in my sled trailer and i can fill the bottle in the parking lot if I ever had to pull. I think the most important thing with any air pack is being familiar with it. I blew my bag off 3 times before i took it to the hills, twice while running my sled across my yard, just to burn it into my memory where the t handle was and how it worked. theres been lots of times where im coming down the trail at the end of the day and get a km or two from the parking lot and ill yard on it just to get that much more comfortable with pulling it. Down side your buddies qiuckly learn how to pull it for you and come up beside me on the trail and want to make sure its working. LOL Good riding buddies are always watching your back i guess. lol. Love my BCA, is it the best ? Dont know. Is it better than nothing ? Guaranteed ! JMO

Nice buddies.....good thing you didn't go with the ABS and have to have nitrogen at $40 bucks a crack! That would upset you just a little, eh!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heck will i need an avi bag out quadding in the alpine this summer?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been for nearly 8 seasons now, actualy looking into replacing the bag as my current ABS bag is starting to look its age.
In the 71/2 years of use it's never been deployed in an emergency and i plan on keeping it that way. It is probably the most used "unused" piece of equiptment i own for sledding HAHA.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have worn a bca float 40 for the past two years.. standing up well, zippers and clips still good. only problem is you have to be a body builder to carry it.. freaken heavy! but i guess small price to pay if you ever need it..

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a BCA Throttle. I looked at it from the perpective of; if I was laying under the snow hoping to be dugout in time, how much would I be willing to pay to be on top of the snow right then.

TheDub

Reaction score
I wear an 18 pack of bud light :beer: ...it ain't light, but it gets the job done... I think beer floats as well?? Not sure how you guys have room for air bags and there is no way in hell I would go without a few cold ones. Cargo room is a huge issue on the newer sleds as well... You think they would add cargo space not delete it... I've got a 2010 m8.. Best mule in the business but still could use more cargo room... Would consider buying an air bag if there was more cargo space....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wear an 18 pack of bud light :beer: ...it ain't light, but it gets the job done... I think beer floats as well?? Not sure how you guys have room for air bags and there is no way in hell I would go without a few cold ones. Cargo room is a huge issue on the newer sleds as well... You think they would add cargo space not delete it... I've got a 2010 m8.. Best mule in the business but still could use more cargo room... Would consider buying an air bag if there was more cargo space....

Joined in 2008 and this is your 1st post?

I think I see why.......:D

Just curious, do you wear a beacon?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you considered towing a trailer with extra beer maybe?

Top Bottom