Votes: 162 17.0%
  • Snowpulse

Votes: 274 28.8%
  • I Do Not Wear An Air Bag

Votes: 257 27.0%

• Total voters

Callele88

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the canisters and triggers are good for on the ABS packs? Or how often ABS says to change them out? I do mine yearly just to be on the safe side just wasn't sure if that's necessary or not.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there one that wod be better for a bigger person? Might be a dumb question but thought I'd ask.

ABDoo800

Reaction score
Just picked up a used BCA Float 30. Got the canister recharged at North West Scuba in Edmonton for $10.

Next investment will be an AST 1 course. Hoping to get in on one in the New Year.

Nephew has a Highmark Pro.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about that BCA bag but I know there was a bunch with a recall on the trigger. May want to look into making sure it has be done if required on the bag

ABDoo800

Reaction score
Not sure about that BCA bag but I know there was a bunch with a recall on the trigger. May want to look into making sure it has be done if required on the bag

Good reminder. I checked online on the BCA site before purchasing and the bag I purchased did not require the trigger change.

longpull01

Reaction score
Is there one that wod be better for a bigger person? Might be a dumb question but thought I'd ask.

Hey man I'm a big prick and I wear the snow pulse tek vest one it's comfy and lots of room for growth lol.

Sent from my iPhone using

kgb117

Reaction score
I realize u can't put a price on safety but some of us do have tighter budgets than others. Do I want an avy bag? Yes. Is $1200 a bit steep for a backpack? I think so... Especially with the mods I need to do to my doo. Surely they can still make money by selling these for 500-60o$ not 11-1200$. They probably manufacture them for 10$

Bushwagon

Reaction score
Ride an older 20L ABS pack. Very comfortable, has stood up well and fires perfectly every year when I test it so far. Very happy.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I use an old Float 30. Its a heavy old thing but it works. The air canister doesn't seal properly sometimes so it loses pressure. I have to check it before every ride these days but that's probably not a bad thing to be doing anyways.
I blew it for fun with 1000psi (supposed to have 2500) and it fully inflated so even if its a bit down, its still way better than nothing.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I use an old Float 30. Its a heavy old thing but it works. The air canister doesn't seal properly sometimes so it loses pressure. I have to check it before every ride these days but that's probably not a bad thing to be doing anyways.
I blew it for fun with 1000psi (supposed to have 2500) and it fully inflated so even if its a bit down, its still way better than nothing.

New one is noticeably lighter. Once I load it up its heavy.

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone listening ?

SummitX509

Reaction score
Snowpulse highmark 30L for me!! i love it, lots of storage...

Just got one and must agree that it has lots of storage. I have it packed so I can live in the mountains for a week. Joking, not that long but good to go.
It has a bit of weight now that it's packed so I've started running with the pack so it won't tire me out when I'm riding.

SummitX509

Reaction score
Just got one and must agree that it has lots of storage. I have it packed so I can live in the mountains for a week. Joking, not that long but good to go.
It has a bit of weight now that it's packed so I've started running with the pack so it won't tire me out when I'm riding.

One problem I have found is that 320cm probe doesn't fit inside the pack.

BirdieO

Reaction score
Callele88...here is the ABS maintenance recommendations from their site, they recommend an annual blow off of the bags which would mean replacing the activation unit/handle; it is also recommended that you have the entire bag system checked over by ABS every 3 years. The expiry on canister is measured by how many times it has been refilled, at the allowable refills is 20 which is tracked by ABS directly.

Does anyone know how long the canisters and triggers are good for on the ABS packs? Or how often ABS says to change them out? I do mine yearly just to be on the safe side just wasn't sure if that's necessary or not.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use an old Float 30. Its a heavy old thing but it works. The air canister doesn't seal properly sometimes so it loses pressure.

It's a bad gauge causing that. There was a recall on them last year. Get a hold of Avalanche Safety Solutions in Golden, they'll fix ya right up.

longpull01

Reaction score
Save the mods for a bit because there not gunna bring you home to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRT

Reaction score
Just bought a BCA Float 22. I thought it was good investment. Should be delivered before I head to McBride on the 26th.

Just killing time.

Top Bottom