Do you know anyone with the corona virus?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was she healthy ? Smoker , vapor or any underlying health problems?
This is what no one ever adds ?

non smoker but does own a micro brewery
really odd actually it obviously picks and chooses its victims

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had “apple trouble” (my own incompetence) Anyhow talked to a support agent in Louisiana.... He was very concerned as he personally knew several currently ill (positive tests) and one fatality,,,, There were several points he made, govt ill prepared, and many not taking this thing seriously.
Even though we (my household) have been “diligent” about the current guidelines he did give pause for thought... The “unknown
I suppose would be how many asymptomatic has this passed through? Apparently viruses get weaker/less impact as time goes on..
That being said is there a correlation between the two?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Facebook post you shared.
She works for AHS and is really nice person.

She posted the facts of her story.

We do a AHS screening each shift now before we are allowed to work.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Facebook post you shared.
She works for AHS and is really nice person.

She posted the facts of her story.

We do a AHS screening each shift now before we are allowed to work.

The one that PFI shared? So thats a real story your saying.

A all “no” person wouldn’t of got a test, just told to self isolate, There could be way more out there that do not know.

Im starting to think Sweden has a decent plan.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A all “no” person wouldn’t of got a test, just told to self isolate, There could be way more out there that do not know.

I am sure people had it. Just figured it was a nasty flu/cold.

Also, I am sure people have it walking around and have no idea.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes one wonder if these "sanctions" will give rise to non virus related mortality rates.. How many will suffer as a result of "late diagnosis" and "inaction" on other pre existing conditions...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes one wonder if these "sanctions" will give rise to non virus related mortality rates.. How many will suffer as a result of "late diagnosis" and "inaction" on other pre existing conditions...

They say around 25,000 people a day die of starvation. Bet we can beat that this year though!

Go team.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I've seen:
Comparing Sweden to what Canada is doing, they are going to be in a heap of trouble. Give them a week...

First of all, they do minimal testing, only testing medical staff and people who come to the hospital with symptoms. By then the symptoms are there, and the person has spread the virus for 5 days.... I'm betting they will be hit super hard.

Sweden also has the daycares, and elementary schools open.. what better place to spread it around by getting kids together and sending them home.

Restaurants are also open.. Sure distancing is required ... Maybe EVERYONE there doesn't touch their faces..and everyone washes their hands every time they open a door knob... It would be scary to work in a restaurant nowadays with patrons.

I am willing to bet Sweden is going to try to fly under the radar, then BAM.. TOTAL lockdown. I hope not, but.....

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newyork city 420 people on the average die everyday before this virus every came about

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's a good day, when i wake and find no one i know who has this virus. so far days have been good. and i wish for many more.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I've seen:
Comparing Sweden to what Canada is doing, they are going to be in a heap of trouble. Give them a week...

First of all, they do minimal testing, only testing medical staff and people who come to the hospital with symptoms. By then the symptoms are there, and the person has spread the virus for 5 days.... I'm betting they will be hit super hard.

Sweden also has the daycares, and elementary schools open.. what better place to spread it around by getting kids together and sending them home.

Restaurants are also open.. Sure distancing is required ... Maybe EVERYONE there doesn't touch their faces..and everyone washes their hands every time they open a door knob... It would be scary to work in a restaurant nowadays with patrons.

I am willing to bet Sweden is going to try to fly under the radar, then BAM.. TOTAL lockdown. I hope not, but.....

Yes, but we as a country are going down a slippery slope looking at the economy.

Unless im looking at this wrong, High risk people are put in quarantine, and the rest are left to play it out.
That was the last time I read about Sweden, Unless something changed.

Look at the stories on symptoms. Possible Sinus infection, runny nose and tests positive. Some companies will send you home for 10 days now for a runny nose.

Im just saying I dont know what to believe anymore. Im trying to do my part on my days off, and avoid leaving my property unless it’s necessary. I follow my company’s policies on social distancing and new housekeeping practices.
But than pics like this are sent to me.

Boulder staging area yesterday.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newyork city 420 people on the average die everyday before this virus every came about

Yes exactly. Now it's about double,or will be double. Now...think about what% of those 420 are in the hospital, in intensive care, are contagious, and using respirators? I'm willing to bet that of the 400 covid cases that are dying, there are 4X the amount admitted. So the hospital and staff strain has just quadrupled.

Yes, but we as a country are going down a slippery slope looking at the economy.

Unless im looking at this wrong, High risk people are put in quarantine, and the rest are left to play it out.

Look at the stories on symptoms. Possible Sinus infection, runny nose and tests positive. Some companies will send you home for 10 days now for a runny nose.

Im just saying I dont know what to believe anymore. Im trying to do my part on my days off, and avoid leaving my property unless it’s necessary. I follow my company’s policies on social distancing and new housekeeping practices.

Ya the pics don't help...thats for sure..

Almost all senior's residences are on lockdown. Hospitals are not allowing visitors.

High risk people also include:
  • Athsmatic
  • Hypertension
  • Smokers
  • people with liver and kidney problems

I don't know how we could quarantine everyone with a health risk... That would be a tough one for sure..

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won’t play down this Virus as clearly it’s killing people but you have to ask questions. The last thing to close was schools why are you not hearing of clusters of kids sick? There is real data out of Italy on morbidity after 10,000 deaths I find very interesting. We are trying our best to protect seniors at old folks homes yet it’s literally where every cluster is popping up a good tell there are many healthy carriers that have no idea there sick. My wife is an ICU nurse her perception is if you have lung or heart issues you have reason to be scared of this virus but we are living our lives isolate as we can to help cause for now, they literally deal with people on respirators daily on ICU common issues are weak immune systems lung issues asthma or old people with lack of ability to fight infections drugs ect. In 09 when H1n1 hit it actually affected the young healthy population more they think that was because it older people had antibodies from the Spanish flu days. Medical system is just trying to buy time to avoid Italy scenario where there debating taking the respirator out of grandpa at 70 and giving it tho someone at 40 as it’s inhumane but might be necessary. Flattening the curve doesn’t mean less people get virus it means less people die because medical system gives them better chance to live. Locking people down for 6 months doesn’t work a month or two just allows them to stock up on supplies before allowing some return to normalcy. Trump is already talking about task force to get people out if there is one guy with the stones to risk it it’s him. Eventually unemployment food shortages suicide all have to play in against the virus itself. Italy’s morbidity stats below on day of there 10k death

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Those are all BC plated vehicles,so it's ok.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t want to be over 70 years...

Even within that age group there are such different people. Wife’s grandparents are in there 80’s live in there own in house crazy active tour the US every year. Now compare that to someone at an old folks home same age that can’t even feed themselves they are crazy venerable

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Schools closed on the 16th. At that time there were no gatherings over 250. Just because you don't see children sick, doesn't mean they have a shorter span for contagiousness. Alberta closed out the schools well before any detections, so I think it was done in a timely fashion..

you are right, flattening the curve is for making the disease have a lesser impact on the health system.

I won’t play down this Virus as clearly it’s killing people but you have to ask questions. The last thing to close was schools why are you not hearing of clusters of kids sick? There is real data out of Italy on morbidity after 10,000 deaths I find very interesting. We are trying our best to protect seniors at old folks homes yet it’s literally where every cluster is popping up a good tell there are many healthy carriers that have no idea there sick. My wife is an ICU nurse her perception is if you have lung or heart issues you have reason to be scared of this virus but we are living our lives isolate as we can to help cause for now, they literally deal with people on respirators daily on ICU common issues are weak immune systems lung issues asthma or old people with lack of ability to fight infections drugs ect. In 09 when H1n1 hit it actually affected the young healthy population more they think that was because it older people had antibodies from the Spanish flu days. Medical system is just trying to buy time to avoid Italy scenario where there debating taking the respirator out of grandpa at 70 and giving it tho someone at 40 as it’s inhumane but might be necessary. Flattening the curve doesn’t mean less people get virus it means less people die because medical system gives them better chance to live. Locking people down for 6 months doesn’t work a month or two just allows them to stock up on supplies before allowing some return to normalcy. Trump is already talking about task force to get people out if there is one guy with the stones to risk it it’s him. Eventually unemployment food shortages suicide all have to play in against the virus itself. Italy’s morbidity stats below on day of there 10k death

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know him but Boris Johnson just admitted to a British hospital as his symptoms take a turn for the worse

Top Bottom