Do the XMs still need the cooler thermostat like the XPs?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the engine tech thermostat housing for my XP will go on an XM if I get one, or if it is needed.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think I'm gonna try it on mine this season

they make the etec run a lot hotter than the older engines for better mileage and emissions, but then the ecu retards timing when it gets too hot, say on an extended pull, and you have a very narrow band to work with.

I'm willing to sacrifice some mileage and emissions for more consistent power

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All etecs will benefit from a cooler thermostat as it has been proven time and time again anything over 135 deg they start to lose hp which with a 145 deg stat is pretty much all the time. We run a 120 deg cat thermostat in a billet housing for more reasons than just cooler do we use this stat as it flows much more than an oem ski doo stat. Stats are $225.00.

Thank you

Deano

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the engine tech thermostat housing for my XP will go on an XM if I get one, or if it is needed.

I'm was wondering this myself, it was a improvement on my 09. As far as I know the stat housing is the same as the 800r

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All etecs will benefit from a cooler thermostat as it has been proven time and time again anything over 135 deg they start to lose hp which with a 145 deg stat is pretty much all the time. We run a 120 deg cat thermostat in a billet housing for more reasons than just cooler do we use this stat as it flows much more than an oem ski doo stat. Stats are $225.00.

Thank you

Deano

I hope for 225 that would include everything including the housing and not just the thermostat

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does indeed. Billet Housing with cat 120 deg thermostat.

Deano

Top Bottom