DJ's Clutch kit

drop the hammer

Reaction score
How do you get the belt deflection adjuster off. Does some one have a pic of the spring compresor for the secondary spring to change the helex out?

If it's the aluminum style one from 2009 (the retrofit one on the 2008), then skidoo makes an installation tool...but it doesn't work well for removal as it just bends. Best bet is a large crecent wrench or carefully with a pipewrench (use some thin cardboard to protect it from the teeth marks). It is torqued to 74 ft/lbs with locktite, so I usually try first with strength (park brake won't hold it, you'll need someone squeezing the brake hard), then i try adding a bit of heat to it and then they come off, tight though. You have to locktite it back on afterward and torque to 74 ft/lbs which is where the skidoo tool works well, otherwise you are guessing (practise with a torque wrench on your vise to get a feel for 74 ft/lbs.

If you're talking the black round plastic one, then once you loosen nut in middle, just unthread it, i usually do it by hand...much easier than the aluminum ones.

The 2010 one is different again and does not thread in, it clamps on outside of shaft.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got the DJ clutch kit put in the XP. First time ever taking everything apart and now that it is done it was not that bad. CANNOT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT! SO STOKED!:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's the aluminum style one from 2009 (the retrofit one on the 2008), then skidoo makes an installation tool...but it doesn't work well for removal as it just bends. Best bet is a large crecent wrench or carefully with a pipewrench (use some thin cardboard to protect it from the teeth marks). It is torqued to 74 ft/lbs with locktite, so I usually try first with strength (park brake won't hold it, you'll need someone squeezing the brake hard), then i try adding a bit of heat to it and then they come off, tight though. You have to locktite it back on afterward and torque to 74 ft/lbs which is where the skidoo tool works well, otherwise you are guessing (practise with a torque wrench on your vise to get a feel for 74 ft/lbs.

If you're talking the black round plastic one, then once you loosen nut in middle, just unthread it, i usually do it by hand...much easier than the aluminum ones.

The 2010 one is different again and does not thread in, it clamps on outside of shaft.

Thanks
Mine Is an 09 I got it off with a pipe wrench. I am going to build the tool to take the helix out this week and have it ready for our trip on the 2nd.

i just hope there is a noticable differnece can't wait to try it.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Mine Is an 09 I got it off with a pipe wrench. I am going to build the tool to take the helix out this week and have it ready for our trip on the 2nd.

i just hope there is a noticable differnece can't wait to try it.

You will need to pull the jackshaft out to change the Helix. I do not think that you can get it off without doing that.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will be able to change it without removing the jackshaft once I get the tool built.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just getting this ready to through back together and have a question. What it the stock weight of the pins on an 09 XP?

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strongly considering putting a DJ's kit in my 08 XP, can anyone tell me what is included in the kit for the 08? One place I called said I would have to buy new ramps in addition to the kit? Love to hear some feedback especially in terms of what changes I would have to make between mtn riding and local edmonton area.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Your 2008 summit comes with the dreaded 413 ramp in the primary. That is why most people highly recommend changing them to DJ's ramp or at least a 441 (2009/2010 style). The Dj kit will be better than stock with 413's but you're leaving a lot on the table without a ramp change, you may get fluctuating rpms during heavy load situations with the 413 (regardless of DJ's kit or not). I try to make sure anyone who buys the DJ kit also gets the ramps especiallly out in the mtns. Way way better. Did I mention way way better. You may be able to find some used 441's around, they also work well.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put the kit in my 09 and am very happy with it after 2 days in balls deep powder her in Valemount. The set up they suggested is spot on holds rpm like crazy on long long pulls.
Thanks all for your input.

inside

Reaction score
Hey anyone know hoe much pin weight for revy? 15.3 or 15.8 g. Thanks guys.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 05 summit, looking for a high elevation kit, and instalation in edmonton. any help would be apreciated.:)

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@ sledn, Kerry Wasilka down in Leduc does installation of my clutch kits.

or Ryan at General Auto in Lamont.

@young-gun, try Kerry in Leduc at the addy mentioned above

joey

Top Bottom