DJ clutch kit

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone running one of these. came with the sled I bought. Just wondering what pins guys are running for mountain riding?

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out his website, it has basic pin weights on there under the kit area i believe. ibackshift is his website

jtracey

Reaction score
dj is the best. put mountain kit in 2014 163 and difference is very noticeable,pulls hard all the way

powderup

Reaction score
My DJ kit came with the Dalton threaded pins and set screws. I think this is pretty standard with most kit builders. Roosterbuilt kit is the same.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone running one of these. came with the sled I bought. Just wondering what pins guys are running for mountain riding?

Ran quite a few of his kits on different sleds in the past & was very happy with results.
Pin weight will depend on which setup you're running, the sled & also elevation.

What is the sled & do you know what's in it for springs & helix? I have one of his kits sitting on my workbench from a '13 XM along with a bunch of notes from Joey. Happy to dig through it and share if you're running the same kit.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi...
Have to watch what you get second hand.
I have had "new customers" because they were sold a sled that said had my kit in it and did not...even a couple were bone stock and that was part of the sales pitch....and then became a new customer. haha.

Anyhoo...
Ones buying a new-to-them-sled should do an inventory of what clutch parts that are claimed vs. factually on clutches, including the gears.

Depending on what year the helix could be a QR11 or a D2 or D4 helix.
Can email me for settings, springs, weights...ramps...elevations y'all will use that at and can help you make sure the correct parts art in the clutches.

There are people who have a QR11 removed out of their 800R and ask about installing on an 800Etec, this season I have a secondary spring now that will satisfy that requirement. If you see a QR11 out there for sale used, i have a secondary spring to apply for the 800etec.

info@iBackshift.com
thanks
joey

Top Bottom