Dirt bike

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I have cleared plenty of jumps the suspension is to soft for the landing ( as it should be for a trail bike ) but I have cleared a 20 ft or move I have smoke an kx85 on the intermaidet track so if u want to classifie be as a lower leaver rider because my bike than do it but I was,asking advice from more exprince rider for help on the bike i will send a pic.of my frist day
wtf does that mean???^^^

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are in fact an intermediate on the moto track a 250f is a no brainer, intermediate guys are extremely talented riders. Im still stuck in the Junior class and i have been riding most of my life.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are tall enough for a 125 go with that, the 85 and 100 are a smaller chassis and you will out grow them. If you do go with a smaller big take the 100, it will give you a good couple seasons then you will be ready for a 250f.

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
yea but it doesnt sound like this kid has much experience.

im sure alot of younger kids can handle bigger bikes, your son looks like he rides great.

the only problem is this kid is coming off of a trail bike, and has little experience. so what if he needs to sell the bike in august? hell get most of his money back and he will gain some experience. he hasnt even rode a 2 stroke before, a 125 is a whole different league of bikes compared to that klx trail machine he has now.

I'm going to side with hamster. You don't go to a two-stoke from a four, with an increase in engine displacement. Most of all, its maturity. I don't care if your big enough or not, if you can't handle responcibility, then you shouldn't be on it. When he didn't get the answer he liked, he was snippy at the guy giving free advice. A mature kid would have said, :Thank-you, sir, I'll take it under advisement". If he was my kid, no bike untill the attitude is cleaned up, and a YZ 85 would be the answer for a season. Why balk at a new bike with the promise of a new bike again the following year? I had an enduro 80, until I shaped up, and the next season I didn't. I had to wait an additional year untill I litterally broke it in half because I had advanced physically, and matured enough to prove to dad I was mature enough. I had a season with an enduro 250, then the next year I got my USED YZ 125. You don't grow into a bike like that - some kids never grow up. Literally. You get a bike that is your size now, sucks being a kid, but I imagine somebody loves you.

Rider 21

Reaction score
Im sorry if u thought I was snippy but down were im at there about 30 to 40 klx intermedaite riders and I share my bike with my sister and some times with my bro so I dont want to tear it up I will be paying for part of the bike any way by the way mainly uncle is a x mx rider from austraila he just came to america and I havent spoken to him for a long time by the way im more mature then most kids my age im not on drugs im havent went to jail and I didnt cause him out like some kids will

Last edited:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Get a 125 if you want a two stroke. My kids first bike was a Yamaha yz125. It's got a 144 big bore kit in plus a few other go fast goodies. Lengthened out the powerband and not so hard hitting with these mods. Very easy to ride.

Perhaps some of the other kids at the track would let you test ride there bikes. Give you a bit of a feel for a two stroke and size and power of an actual competition style race bike.

Rider 21

Reaction score
Ok ill ask I figerd nobody would let me be cause I rideba 4 stroke and there alot deffrent from what I hear

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
It takes a little bit to get used to for sure. Biggest thing for sure would be the powerband. No real power of the start on the bottom end and all
Of a sudden the bike comes alive with explosive power. Learning how to control it is the biggest part. Have your mom or your uncle explain it to you so you are at least prepared somewhat on what to expect.

Rider 21

Reaction score
My mom said u have to keep it about full troutal the whole time and as I said I havent talked to my uncle

Last edited:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Not entirely. The smaller the bike the smaller the powerband width. The smaller the powerband, the harder it is to get it there and keep it there while riding. Probably why your ma said gotta keep it pinned all the time. There is a special skill required to properly ride a 2 stroke, and it will make you a better rider in the long run.

Rider 21

Reaction score
Is it true the power to weight is pretty much the same for a 125 to a 85 like the muffin man said

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
No it is not true...I'm tellin ya kid...get yourself a 250f and you will never look back and neither will ur mamma

To each there own. Personally I ride a 4 stroke cause I like the bottom end power and I can afford to be lazy on it. I also like riding my sons yz 125, different kind of power but equally fun, and on a track I would prefer the 2 stroke whereas the 4 is a good bush bike.

I would take the opportunity to try a 2 stroke first before making a decision about 4 vs 2. An 85 or 100 would be a good bike to test ride and get a feel for it, but ultimately a 125 would be more suited for your size.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
2-strokes are out the door. You can barley even buy them anymore new. 4 strokes DOMINATE the race track and trail. Get a 125 and eat your buddies dust all day long. Good luck. What do all you guys ride right now and how long have you been riding? Where does all this motoCross experience come from?

Top Bottom