Dirt bike

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I've been riding bikes myself for 24 years. Never at a pro level though. From old air cooled 2 and 4 strokes to the newer liquid cooled race bikes. Currently I'm riding a Honda xr400. Not the most competitive bike I'll admit. Rode a yz250f a few times though and frankly it didn't impress me very much, but the yz125 I bought for my son is a nice ride. Plenty of power without being overbearing. Mind u it's not stock either. 144 Athena bbk with full fmf exhaust. Hydraulic clutch, ASV break away levers. The cr250 I used to ride was crazy powerful. Fun bike though. I've yet to own or ride a newer 450 so I can't pass judgement on them. Currently I'm in the market for a cr500 though. Not like I will be able to ride that monster to its full potential. Probably scare the crap out of myself more often than not with a bike that bike.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it is not true...I'm tellin ya kid...get yourself a 250f and you will never look back and neither will ur mamma

125: 195lbs @ 32hp = 6.09lbs per horsepower

85: 145lbs @ 23hp = 6.30lbs per horsepower

Yeah there's a whopping .21 pounds per horse difference. Are you just about done blowing smoke out your ass now? Yeah tell the kid to go buy a used 250f, there's some great advice. I'm sure he'll find great satisfaction in the knowledge that his bike is a little bit faster than his buddy's when he's working two jobs to pay for the rebuild while his friends are still out riding.

Top Bottom