Dirt bike plate mounting?

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just wondering where/how everybody else mounts their plates on their bike? I had mine on the front number plate, but its marking it up quite bad and just looks like s**t.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always just threw mine in my pack, never knew they "had to" be displayed. certainly never got a warning or a fine.

Andrew.L

Reaction score
zip tied to the back of my chest protector.
or
if I'm wearing a back pack... Zip tied to that as well.

I made the same mistake when I first went out trail riding when I was a kid.
I was chapped my number on the front looked like ch!t after.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legally you can not carry it in or zip tied to a pack or chest protector it has to be on the bike as the plate has to stay with the bike (If you trade bikes with someone the plates do not match ) I know of a couple of guys that have gotten tickets for It zip tied to a chest protector

TRAV

Reaction score
Got a ticket for not having it displayed last year, cost aroud $114. Only time in the pack wasn't good enough.... Has to be displayed..... The reason I got was if I run they can see it!!! Got warning for no lights also!!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a ticket for not having it displayed last year, cost aroud $114. Only time in the pack wasn't good enough.... Has to be displayed..... The reason I got was if I run they can see it!!! Got warning for no lights also!!

I think it depends on the cop. Some would be happy that that you have the bike registered and such and that you carry your plate with you. Others maybe pickier and want it on the bike. As far as the lights go, a battery operated light of some kind in the front is ok I think? Not sure what to use for a taillight.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best solution: buy another number plate and mount it to that. Costs about 20 bucks and takes 30 seconds to change before you head onto crown land. Just be sure to mount it with button head bolts so it doesn't chew up your front brake line. When you're done you can put the race plate or gay stickered up freestyle wannabe plate back on so nobody mistakes you for a law abiding citize...heaven forbid.

Andrew.L

Reaction score
Let be real here.
Most of us or if not then a lump sum of us on this site... Head so far into the bush that the closest thing to the police patrolling the area or anything to do with authority is the Bears and Cougars that own the land we ride on.

Half the time I don't even have my registration or insurance or plate on me while I ride, Cuz no one is with in miles of me.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let be real here.
Most of us or if not then a lump sum of us on this site... Head so far into the bush that the closest thing to the police patrolling the area or anything to do with authority is the Bears and Cougars that own the land we ride on.

Very true but I have been stopped by srd on dirt bikes in the bush on boats along the north sask river quads all over on trails and roads as well as trucks
the best when ever was when we were stopped for a beverage hey circled around and landed the helicopter and got outand checked us

I have found if you are nice to them they are nice to you only costs a few dollars to comply to the rules to be legal enough to ride
after all it is privilege not a right to be able to ride like we do now in the west country and it only takes a few douche bags to ruin It for everyone

Top Bottom