Direct Energy

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a door to door sales guy here the other night from Just Energy
Their prices are cheaper but told the sales guy that I would have to Google Just Energy to get some info
WOW they didn't look good, called the 1800 number the guy on the other end sounded like a stoner had to repeat the question 3 times
Was talking to a buddy he said that Atco was getting back into the retail sales
Called looks good
Anyone changed their energy supplier?

Reaction score

I've recently considered putting a sign on my door "If you are with an alternate energy company, get off my property before my dog accidentally gets out.".... I'm sick of these clowns. Intrude at the worst times, don't ask if you are busy or have a minute.... they just start in to their speech... blah blah blah..... I've slammed the door in their face and they come back a week later. I'm adept at finding services I want, if I want them..... don't ****ing bother me at my home, uninvited, peddling your ****.

/rant

I'm happy with Direct Energy, when I'm not I'll reach out to a competitor.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from just energy
i have a no soliciting sign on my door and still get some azz hat at my door trying to sell me an energy plan
it told the last guy I won't buy anything for someone who is illiterate and he asks what I mean by that and i point at the sign as I start shutting the door and tell him he obviously can't read

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All energy companies are crooks. They complicate bills with graphs and re work numbers that need secret decoder wheels to figure out on purpose so the average person can't understand them. It comes down to in all reality the lesser of the evils for energy supplier. Absolutely stay away from Direct. They publicly **** customers. Google them and see all the horror stories. I'm debating trying atco as they r new and need customers. Will check their rates this weekend and make decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few friends have had nothing but trouble with direct energy, over-billing, not refunding and very poor customer service. I have been with Enmax for around 13 years now in 3 different homes and haven't had any issues. Bills seem reasonable and are almost always cheaper than others I know with different companies.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agre. Enmax has been great to me for the last five years. Just Energy and Direct on these other hand, I've had problems, as have friends and relatives.

brendon444

Reaction score
Recently moved to Alberta and finding my electricity bill a lot higher. I'm with direct energy (energy provider) and atco (distribution provider) which is new to me coming from saskpower. My last bill was $320 with direct. Cost of power per kwh is reasonable 5-6 cents but what is killing me is the distribution/transmission costs and associated fees which were $200. Is there anyway to lower these costs from atco or things I can do. I am happy with direct energy's cost of power rates and as im understanding that is the only part that is negotiable since atco owns the lines?
Does anyone have any insight to this or suggestions.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you speak with Atco energy they offered to have a co worker send in his bill and take a look at it. He said they were straight up with him and told him his rate for electrical was going to be better with his other provider but they were better on his gas. They gave him a few different options. He now uses them for his gas and kept his electric the same. He said he was very happy with the service. Might be worth starting with that.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently moved to Alberta and finding my electricity bill a lot higher. I'm with direct energy (energy provider) and atco (distribution provider) which is new to me coming from saskpower. My last bill was $320 with direct. Cost of power per kwh is reasonable 5-6 cents but what is killing me is the distribution/transmission costs and associated fees which were $200. Is there anyway to lower these costs from atco or things I can do. I am happy with direct energy's cost of power rates and as im understanding that is the only part that is negotiable since atco owns the lines?
Does anyone have any insight to this or suggestions.

I would also like to see if anyone knows of a provider that has lower distribution/transmission charges.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again, Stay away from "Just Energy", Seen a bit on them on 16x9 last year, they are anything but cheap !!!, had a just energy salesmen at my door, told him to just leave !!

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also like to see if anyone knows of a provider that has lower distribution/transmission charges.

You will pay the same transmission/distribution costs regardless of who your retailer is. The retailer just passes these charges on to you with no mark up. The only way to reduce these costs would be to reduce your consumption. Atco has the highest fees of any distrubutor mostly due to how rural it is. You also cannot chose who you distributor is either.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years we have had enmax, direct energy and just energy this is with different houses and a business.

We have found our best rates and price overall just energy.

I have replaced all our bulbs in our house with led. Also use the programmable thermostat.

This has worked for us.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the years we have had enmax, direct energy and just energy this is with different houses and a business.

We have found our best rates and price overall just energy.

I have replaced all our bulbs in our house with led. Also use the programmable thermostat.

This has worked for us.

I also replaced most of the lights in my house with LED. I have noticed a 20-25% reduction in monthly consumption. The payback is less than a year. Costco usually has the best price on LEDs.

Top Bottom