Different ATV Mileages

ddshapka

Reaction score
Hi I've got a 2009 800 Polaris 2-Up and I will be taking a trip up to the Richardson Backcountry this July and I've been told that I will need to take 60 Liters of gas per machine. My concern is if that will be enough. We will be pulling tandem tub trailers in. We will probably set up at 6-Lakes and venture out from there. I never really paid much attention to how many kms. I get on a tank of gas as I usually fill up long before it's empty.

Regards,

Doug

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
you will definetly need at least a 20L gerry can per quad...some less some more, but you don't want to be stuck without.

ddshapka

Reaction score
Have you been up there before. I'm going to be up there for 4 days probably half the time fishing half the time Quading.

Regards,

Doug

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
I've not been there yet. My brother in law heads up there for a couple trips every year, really nice camping from what he says. The trails are all sand with the odd water hole, not real mud tire friendly country, they alwasy put their stockers back on when they head up.

ddshapka

Reaction score
Good point I never thought of putting my stock tires back on. Thanks for that!

Regards,

Doug

outlander86

Reaction score
I would definitely pack at least 40 liters... I've been up there several times... About 20L to get up there with a full tub, and then 20 liters (slightly less because the trailer will be lighter.). Any extra should be covered with the next 40 liters... There are great trails in the woods up there that are super fun when challenged at a high tempo!

outlander86

Reaction score
Sad to say...

Looks like everyones plans for the Richardson Backcountry are cancelled this year... Incuding my own. Sad face?

Top Bottom