DiamondBack Truck covers.

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if a company publishes that they don't accept liability. They manufacture this product to haul atv's. that is what it is engineered and marketed as. In the event that you as a consumer purchases the product in good faith and operate and install as per the manufacturer. You cannot be held liable for a wreck related to the failure of that product. If the deck was rated to 1000 lbs and you loaded up 1001 lbs then you would assume the liability. Where do you guys believe that the law states that the deck needs to be secured to the frame? How does that apply to a unibody? What about roof racks? I think someone needs to provide the reference to the law or regulation that is being thrown around. Please let me know.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My outlander's clutch can be kind of "on and off" with stock clutching, I wouldn't want to load it on top of that thing with any sort of clutch kit haha.

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
For you guys that don't understand liability I will try to explain. When a product is manufactured for the consumer, the liability inherently lies with the manufacturer. The only way that the liability can be waived by the manufacturer is if the consumer does not operate the product according to manufacturers instructions. A liability waiver does not stand up in court. Negligence will be what is argued. The negligence on the consumers part for not following the direction of the manufacturer or the negligence for the manufacturer for not producing a safe product.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
highly doubt they are engineered......Unless they have a ID plate with a serial number and a capacity on it they are fab shop designed.

An engineer stamping these for mass production is crazy, he would be liable for everyone of these sent out.

Last edited:

dslwsl

Reaction score
Ok, just wondering has anybody ever loaded and ATV and sled on the back of this cover? Pro's and Cons? Any pictures of this kind of set up
Looks as though TruckBoss has gone the way of clamp system now too. Lot more room in the bed for storage.

Reaction score
Ok, just wondering has anybody ever loaded and ATV and sled on the back of this cover? Pro's and Cons? Any pictures of this kind of set up
Looks as though TruckBoss has gone the way of clamp system now too. Lot more room in the bed for storage.

As you can see in the photos below, our mounting systems are not very similar

Diamond Back Retaining Rod.jpg Diamondback Clamps.jpg photos 025.jpg photos 026.jpg photos 027.jpg

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
highly doubt they are engineered......Unless they have a ID plate with a serial number and a capacity on it they are fab shop designed.

An engineer stamping these for mass production is crazy, he would be liable for everyone of these sent out.

They are liable for every one of these sent out.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I'm leery of any deck that rests on the body of the truck.... tie down methods aside, I'd worry about all the weight resting on the glue/welds that hold the sheet metal together.... I'm sure the manufacturer didn't design the body of the truck to support all that weight on the bed rails.... I've seen trucks that couldn't close the tailgate after having sled decks on for a while... both were chevs, but I'm sure after time they all would start to suffer.....

Top Bottom