DiamondBack Truck covers.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one on my truck....I'd be hard-pressed to put one quad on it, let alone 2. It mount to the box rails using 4 canopy-style clamps. For the money, a deck is a way better investment.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one on my truck....I'd be hard-pressed to put one quad on it, let alone 2. It mount to the box rails using 4 canopy-style clamps. For the money, a deck is a way better investment.

What is it worth?

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this even legal????

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
I have had one for 3 years now and I love it. I have parked an 800 atv on it as well as had numerous pallets of very heavy loads on it without any problems. Easily carried 2,000lbs without an issue. Weather and dust proof sealed cover with easy installation and removable with 1 guy and can be stored in the box while transporting loads inside of the box of the truck. The best investment for my truck yet.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree with you

Fair enough....most people do, but what's keeping the quads attached to the truck? All I have is 4 clamps holding the middle piece to the box rails. I'm pretty sure there would be some flying quads if a guy got in a wreck.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this even legal????

I'm not sure. There's quite a few of them out there, and I've never heard of anybody running into a bind with Johnny Law, but I know I'm not confident enough to haul quads on mine.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The plastic marine style cleats for tying down would nerve me out. I've had them break on my boat tied up in a heavy wind, can't imagine how that would go in the force of an accident or a hard slide into a ditch/ bouncing down a rig road. Still a cool idea but IDE need up them tie downs. Jmo

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
I'm not sure. There's quite a few of them out there, and I've never heard of anybody running into a bind with Johnny Law, but I know I'm not confident enough to haul quads on mine.

These decks are engineered and manufactured to haul quads. The liability is on diamond back.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These decks are engineered and manufactured to haul quads. The liability is on diamond back.

I really doubt that.....

just about every page of there owners manual has warnings like the one's listed below.....

There is risk involved in the use of ATVs and the loading, unloading,
and hauling of ATVs with any trailer or transportation system.
DiamondBack Automotive Accessories, Inc. assumes no liability
whatsoever for property damage or injury incurred while using the DiamondBack ATV Series of products, or any
other product made by DiamondBack Automotive Accessories, Inc. A helmet should be worn during loading and
unloading an ATV using this transportation system. All ATVs must be securely tied down to appropriate cleats
with at least four ratchet straps per ATV.

DiamondBack Automotive Accessories, Inc. is not responsible for any property damage, personal injury, or death
incurred while using any DiamondBack product.

van isle

Reaction score
I have had mine for 5 years now hauling 2 quads on a long box all over Canada and the US On some of the roughest roads without an issue. I bet I have near 50 000km of haul my quads on the diamondback over the 5 years. The only regular issue ive had is its hard to open the tail gate one the quads are on the deck Diamond back says they have a fix for that but i never ordered it. I also had someone try to break into it all the managed to do is tear off the top of the lock assembly which diamondback warrantied. Its quick and easy to remove with one person I think the heaviest part is about 50 lbs. But its rare that I ever need to as if it does not fit under the deck I just load it on top.

If you are not into sleds and need a way to haul your quads or even just want a great tonneau cover I recomend the Diamondback. As for price I'm sure I paid less the 3g for it all. Cheapest place I found was Rapidrevolutions call them if you need pricing 780 455 7553.

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
I really doubt that.....

just about every page of there owners manual has warnings like the one's listed below.....

There is risk involved in the use of ATVs and the loading, unloading,
and hauling of ATVs with any trailer or transportation system.
DiamondBack Automotive Accessories, Inc. assumes no liability
whatsoever for property damage or injury incurred while using the DiamondBack ATV Series of products, or any
other product made by DiamondBack Automotive Accessories, Inc. A helmet should be worn during loading and
unloading an ATV using this transportation system. All ATVs must be securely tied down to appropriate cleats
with at least four ratchet straps per ATV.

DiamondBack Automotive Accessories, Inc. is not responsible for any property damage, personal injury, or death
incurred while using any DiamondBack product.

You are wrong. They cannot waive liability for their product. The liability stays with them. If the product is used for the purpose for which it was designed, the liability stays with them.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I agree with Cat401, I looked at these Diamondback covers, and looked through the literature which is full of legal speak such as what he mentioned.
But the one deal breaker was once I found out they attach to the bed rail. The other deal breaker was the fact the damn thing would be 3X the price of the truck it's on.....hahahaha

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fact that they only attach to the bed rails scares me. I purchased an aluminum deck a bunch of years ago that attached the same way and when I checked into the legality of it I was told that it HAD to attach to the bed of the box and not to the rails... so I purchased the deck cheap and had legs put on it...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

Yup a real piece of junk I'll be a pal by giving you $100 for it...just to take it off you hands....then you can go and buy a tarp to cover your box

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't a truck boss deck mount to the rails?

I have the 400 pound version on my F-150. It is perfect for my needs, I can haul 10 sheets of plywood on it, or equivalent and still have the tools down below.

I had a deck on my f-350, and while it is safer and can haul more, my tools still got wet and dusty. This seals it up and nothing gets in. Secure.

As for a quad, the 1600 pound version has more ribs, but I would still prefer the real deal snowmobile deck.

It is good quality, I got the rinoliner on it from factory and it still looks and works like new. I would buy one again if I were looking for another cap.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup a real piece of junk I'll be a pal by giving you $100 for it...just to take it off you hands....then you can go and buy a tarp to cover your box

Nope, never said it was junk...quite the opposite actually. I love it as a cap, I just have no desire to put a bunch of weight on it. I'll save you $70, and send you off to Canadian Tire...they have a real nice camo tarp for $29.99 that would be a great accessory for your Dodge.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Nope, never said it was junk...quite the opposite actually. I love it as a cap, I just have no desire to put a bunch of weight on it. I'll save you $70, and send you off to Canadian Tire...they have a real nice camo tarp for $29.99 that would be a great accessory for your Dodge.

Soooo $150 then

Top Bottom