Desire for EVs rises with gas price

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the model 3 Tesla was the same price as a full load civic, than absolutely the Tesla is a better value.

45g vs 90g is not economically or financially sound for some families, even with oil changes, fuel purchases etc.
I’m not dissing anyone who purchases one. Can I afford a Tesla, yes. I could purchase a rivian and a TRX if I wanted…..

FYI, My service plan on my GMC covers all oil changes, brake replacement, for 7 years 80000km and it was cheap to purchase, I can do as many engine oil changes that I want, so 3500bucks for that package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lot more to consider than fuel. 150$ oil changes, transmission and diff services, etc etc... that stuff adds up quick. Range is still the factor for most. Myself included
Civics only need oil changes. Those things run forever without any other maintenance 😉. Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned also only new vehicle to never require warranty work or repairs after warranty of any kind. Some Will say that is rare but a lot of Honda owners that keep coming back for that reason. Not sure what they do with their small cars but at 200k the suspension and front end is just as solid as new. Try that with a domestic small car and it they feel like a wet noodle at 200k lol.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the model 3 Tesla was the same price as a full load civic, than absolutely the Tesla is a better value.

45g vs 90g is not economically or financially sound for some families, even with oil changes, fuel purchases etc.
I’m not dissing anyone who purchases one. Can I afford a Tesla, yes. I could purchase a rivian and a TRX if I wanted…..

FYI, My service plan on my GMC covers all oil changes, brake replacement, for 7 years 80000km and it was cheap to purchase, I can do as many engine oil changes that I want, so 3500bucks for that package.

If youre on a budget you dont need to by a 45000 honda civic. You can pick them up all day used for 5grand.

Whats a used tesla going for? Serious question because i dont know, but i bet not too many in that price range.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A civic oil change cant be 150$... thats what it costs in my dodge. And If i did it my self it wouldnt be half that

Im not a compact car guy, but had a honda prelude back in the day. Didnt ever change the oil or do any maintence and thing would not die.

Teslas are nice, not the most economical though.

if you can come out of lubex or a honda dealership with less than a 150$ bill now a days id be shocked. in any vehicle. Even if its 100$ it can still be 1000$ a year in oil changes for a guy like me that does 50k a year commuting. All I'm saying is there's more cost savings than just fuel alone. Whether or not it justifies the extra cost of an EV well thats a calculation you would have to do for yourself

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no civic that cost 45k. Msrp starts at 25k for an lx and goes up to around 35k for an SI.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you can come out of lubex or a honda dealership with less than a 150$ bill now a days id be shocked. in any vehicle. Even if its 100$ it can still be 1000$ a year in oil changes for a guy like me that does 50k a year commuting. All I'm saying is there's more cost savings than just fuel alone. Whether or not it justifies the extra cost of an EV well thats a calculation you would have to do for yourself

Some of these cars say you only have to change oil once a year now. Not sure what hondas service interval is though.

The tesla will have stuff that breaks too

It still has tires, it still has a gear box, CV's, it still has door handles, windows and all kinds of mechanical parts. Plus if that computer ever goes wonkee, cant be cheap to fix that..

Cool car no doubt. Cheap car? Nope...

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of these cars say you only have to change oil once a year now. Not sure what hondas service interval is though.

The tesla will have stuff that breaks too

It still has tires, it still has a gear box, CV's, it still has door handles, windows and all kinds of mechanical parts. Plus if that computer ever goes wonkee, cant be cheap to fix that..

Cool car no doubt. Cheap car? Nope...
Exactly, if people want a cheap EV better off looking at Chevy bolt, Kia or Hyundai. If you compare to an EV that’s $40-50k then things get interesting very quickly for city commuters looking to save on fuel.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no civic that cost 45k. Msrp starts at 25k for an lx and goes up to around 35k for an SI.

I just built one online how I would load one up, with accessories, etc.
That’s where I got the number. A Honda Pilot full load is 60k built for me.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer to support Canadian industry like Canadian oil and gas rather than forking out for Chinese batteries and a communist regime which we seem to be striving for .

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just built one online how I would load one up, with accessories, etc.
That’s where I got the number. A Honda Pilot full load is 60k built for me.

I guess if you add a bunch of extended warranty it might be possible but a loaded civic hatch touring is 37,560 including 1900 freight and pdi which took a huge price jump for 22 like everything these days. I think that might hurt civic sales as people on a tight budget will buy Sentra, Corolla or forte. I’d still buy the civic if I was in the market that type of car lol.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL. !

Attachments

• 6EB286D3-0FA9-4FB2-9BE6-D51F319B4209.jpeg
    6EB286D3-0FA9-4FB2-9BE6-D51F319B4209.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom