denied insurance

greatfanta

Reaction score
so live in bc go to get insurance on 2013 m 1100 and they say if you have had accident in car or truck in last three years you are denied also if you have two speeding tickets you are denied what a f in joke now what

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess you start walking, 2 tickets seems a little much, unless you got some major points.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I have heard of guys gettin really bent over for ins. But never denied just cause of 1 accident or a couple of tickets. Is ins. different in BC? Can u just go check with some different companies for rates,coverage,etc. ?

BeeZee62

Reaction score
Not sure about in BC but I know that in AB an insurance company can give you grief about not wanting to insure you but there's a law that if you insist that a specific company provide you insurance then they must. You will pay for it, possibly substantially more, however you'll have coverage. (my wife is an insurance agent)

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This as how a young guy we know got his insurance and the cost ended up cheaper than the company that denied him.

Become a memeber of your local snowmobile club and then talk to Capri insurance. A friend of mine had the same issue. Capri insured him.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Join the BCSF or ABSnow, they have affiliations with insurance carriers.

sledrs

Reaction score
This as how a young guy we know got his insurance and the cost ended up cheaper than the company that denied him.

Capri as well. 1\2 price with snowmobile club membership

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's beyond me why anyone would buy their sled insurance from ICBC in the first place. :confused:

A reasonable person would probably just go to ICBC as they are the primary insurer in BC as basic insurance coverage normally comes with the plate. Quite a bit of discussion regarding registering BC sleds and rules seem unclear at best. Calling Capri sounds like a logical alternative. As mentioned in this thread, if you have a valid license in Alberta, the insurance companies have to insure you but the price may be high. Not an issue though if the accidents weren't on the sled.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A reasonable person would probably just go to ICBC as they are the primary insurer in BC as basic insurance coverage normally comes with the plate.

Sled's don't work that way in BC though. Even if you do register, it's just an ugly decal that gets stuck on the side of your sled. Cost $10 the last time I registered one, and you only do it once per owner....not per year. No insurance tied to it since insurance is not mandatory for a sled in BC. ICBC rates have always been way out to lunch for sled insurance.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot recall anyone saying something positive about ICBC. I assume there are good reasons for that.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would love to retire soon in BC, But the BC Gov't has their hands in too many things. AB used to be the same way 20 or so years ago, but when everything became privately owned. It sure changed the market on everything!!!!
I have a lot of respect, for our neighbors to the West. But I honestly don't know how all of you can put up with it?

Twacked

Reaction score
B.C- bring cash. There's a tax for everything here. Got to pay to play.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to retire soon in BC, But the BC Gov't has their hands in too many things. AB used to be the same way 20 or so years ago, but when everything became privately owned. It sure changed the market on everything!!!!
I have a lot of respect, for our neighbors to the West. But I honestly don't know how all of you can put up with it?[/QUOTE]

80+ days a year, 250$ for two trail passes, 1100 for insurance on two new machines and Braaaaaaap, not sure how I put up with it, poor me.
Merry Christmas

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect, for our neighbors to the West. But I honestly don't know how all of you can put up with it?[/QUOTE]

80+ days a year, 250$ for two trail passes, 1100 for insurance on two new machines and Braaaaaaap, not sure how I put up with it, poor me.
Merry Christmas

That's a lot of money for 2 sleds, and Revy is where I would like to retire. I like the 80+ days, poor you...... LOL
Merry Christmas Gary :beer:

Top Bottom