DECEMBER Snow conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the past 3 years or so this grooming thing has been an issue. and every year it is usually due to weather. 3 or 4 days of above zero weather(actually was raining) at Christmas every year and you can't groom during the day. waste of time and money to try.
with all this snow the avy conditions are going to get bad so be careful. going up renshaw tomorrow to check things out.
from Judy and myself have a save holiday and a great 2014.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made the trek up Renshaw today, snowing hard when we left and harder when we got up top!!! 4 of us climbed up into the Ant Hills and enjoyed awesome snow, 2.5 - 4ft, especially in the trees its DEEP! Been here 5 days and its snowed HARD everyday for most of each day! But need cooler weather! Higgins.

Attachments

• Winter 2013-14. 056.jpg
    Winter 2013-14. 056.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Winter 2013-14. 057.jpg
    Winter 2013-14. 057.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 405
  • Winter 2013-14. 060.jpg
    Winter 2013-14. 060.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 395
  • Winter 2013-14. 063.jpg
    Winter 2013-14. 063.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Winter 2013-14. 065.jpg
    Winter 2013-14. 065.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I ride Lucielle, As I wanted to grab a belt or two from Darren from E&S. Thanks for bringing those. Rode with Darren and "JonMarc". Darren brought the new viper with a Hurricane 190 kit on it. He was tuning and setting it up. Went for a ride and seemed good. There was about 70 riders up there and it was starting to get tracked up. I guess in the butterfly it was much better. It snowed all day up there, about 3" on truck when we got back. About a foot of new snow, and more in the tree's. Trail was excellent.

Belle, reports of 2'-3', great riding conditions, good trail conditions

Renshaw, Heavy snow, 2'- 4 1/2' of Daily fresh snow, tracks are gone by the next morning. Need to hit the trail early to get a good smooth ride up otherwise semi rough. Several broken rear shock bolts on the Polaris Pros from the ride down (small bolt with 8.8 stamped on it). Groomer groomed twice yesterday.

6" of new snow on the Hottub at Mountain Haven B&B, and snowing again, WOW.

Ron, you got all wrong…lol It's Jean-Marc, not JonMarc…lol

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go ride in the field around beaumont, they are nice and smooth, or buy a groomer and see how profitable it is to groom in the middle of the day when it doesnt hav a hope in hell of setting up, like this has never been discussed, @ssclowns, they truly are everywheres aren't they

Ps your welcome guys, I posted that Saturday and you guys got groomed twice on Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys know where I can find the grooming schedule website? Thinking of heading up to renshaw tomorrow.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and where are your photo's??????????

:nopics:

Well the wife and I discussed it and we'd realized that we never took a single picture in 2 days. Lol oops! Too busy riding and digging so She snapped one of the truck in the renshaw parking lot of the truck with 6-8" of snow that accumulated on Sunday.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like a groomed trail to,but I'm starting to think that if the trail is not pool table smooth out come the winers, todays sleds with up graded suspension and long tracks are like heaven to ride compared to the 90's. If the most important thing is to ride in the deep powder then you will indever any trailer to get there and be glad. Like I said I like a smooth trail to but nature has away of changing that. So be thankful there is even a trail there. Now I'm 52 and can handle these trails so you young pups, quit wining and just ride.
P.S. It won't bother me if trials were never groomed again, I think about 300 guys would stay home and only they real mountain riders would be out. Never would be rode out again

agreed

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well the wife and I discussed it and we'd realized that we never took a single picture in 2 days. Lol oops! Too busy riding and digging so She snapped one of the truck in the renshaw parking lot of the truck with 6-8" of snow that accumulated on Sunday.

alright, that's an acceptable excuse! we'll let you slide with that one this time! :)

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today. Trail was pretty ****ty until 15 km up and then at 27 km mark we met Rod on the trail. What a great guy. There was to much snow for him to drag up to the cabin. Rode just around the cabin in 2-3 feet of fresh. The only thing that would have made it any better would of been with blue sky's. Unfortunately buddies sled clutch screwed up and had to come down early. Crazy snow everywhere up though.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading there in the morning! First ride of the season! Any reports how belle and Lucille are looking? Will be doing a half day ride tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle has some unreal snow in places! A lot of places that are still untouched and it was snowing hard all day today, the snow will be good up there for the next few days for sure!

Poo16

Reaction score
Is this still the mcbride thread for January? Or which one is?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be a season thread with the riding area in the title IMO....

This thread get's lost every month and people wonder why Mcbride is the unknown... unless they want to be.....

No I'm afraid not. You will have to open the January snow conditions thread.

rylester331

Reaction score
Does any one know a good place to get bottom end on an xp 800 ptec done at ? And throw and 860 or somthing reliable to give it some serious power ? And can someone please copy this and post it on the main page ,
Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom