Death At The Big Horn !

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard on the 11 pm. news last night, 46 year old Man died at the Big Horn after driving off a cliff. Hope it was no one from the site. Sorry to hear this news. Thinking of the family !

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw it on Alberta outdoors man.

robbiewood

Reaction score
Erm....don't drive off cliffs Honestly though (and I am sure my opinon will get slated but) How stupid do you have to be to drive OFF a cliff by accident? It gives riders who have some control and can see terrain a bad name, next thing we will hear is some bleeding heart liberal calling for all trails that go near a drop to be closed because they are dangerous...all cos one dude couldn't see a freeking CLIFF

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Erm....don't drive off cliffs Honestly though (and I am sure my opinon will get slated but) How stupid do you have to be to drive OFF a cliff by accident? It gives riders who have some control and can see terrain a bad name, next thing we will hear is some bleeding heart liberal calling for all trails that go near a drop to be closed because they are dangerous...all cos one dude couldn't see a freeking CLIFF

have u ever rode at big horn?????????? there are tons of blind drop offs .......... and also year to year lots of the land changes out there because of the dam....

i've said it before [ to my wife , parents ect ] any time u get off the couch and do something u have a risk [ hiking, quadin , skidooing ,even driving to work ... the list goes on ]

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
let me guess you have always been in 100% controll of your bikle at all times? i know i have mis-read corners and slid of the trail in the past, had there have been a cliff you would have read about me.....chit happens, and you dont know the circumstances, mechanical failure happens, driver error happens. thats like seeing a head on on the highway and saying....."seriously who drives into oncoming traffic", give your head a shake, of course your comment is going to get slated.

my thoughts go out to the family and friends of this rider

robbiewood

Reaction score
Pilo7 I have never rode off a cliff if thats what you are asking...and as for not reading the trail then I would suggest you are going too fast for your abilities of course accidents happen but MOST people can avoid running out of track and trying to ride on air....the thing about cliffs as apposed to logs or ruts is THEY ARE KINDA HUGE and hard to miss. (and yeah I DO look at head ons and think....muppets I lost control of my car doing 160MPH down a highway in the UK and didnt go into oncoming traffic)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Cliffs aren't always easily defined like in Roadrunner and wile-E-Coyote...and if you say you have always been 100% in control I call BS..read your own sig-line....Anyone who has put many miles on a quad/bike/SxS and claims to have had control 100% of the time is full of chit... been a few times I've miss handled a turn/hill/whoop and thought to myself....damn I was lucky.

like plio said...you don't know all the circiumstance surrounding the incident....hell just on the S&M rally alone we had some wipe outs & injuries..wanna tell those riders they should have known better????

Thoughts go out to the family and friends...

Pilo7 I have never rode off a cliff if thats what you are asking...and as for not reading the trail then I would suggest you are going too fast for your abilities of course accidents happen but MOST people can avoid running out of track and trying to ride on air....the thing about cliffs as apposed to logs or ruts is THEY ARE KINDA HUGE and hard to miss. (and yeah I DO look at head ons and think....muppets I lost control of my car doing 160MPH down a highway in the UK and didnt go into oncoming traffic)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
didn't ask if you had ridden off a cliff asked if you have control 100% of the timei find it very hard to belive you have never lost controll....how the hell do you know this guy wasn't on a trail on the edge and the trail slid or there wants any other even that was un avoidable....my comments aren't necessarily directed to you, but to your ignorant post that has no place being said given you have no idea of the circumstances involved in the loss of this riders life for you to make any comment. especially a smart ass comment about missing a phuckin cliff.......have some respect
and keep your bs comments involving the loss of a life to yourself......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems funny when you point a finger usually there are four pointing back at you. as plio says don't judge when you have no idea of circumstances, all you are doing is pizzin people off.

robbiewood

Reaction score
Bogger...I never said I was in control all the time, sheesh I have broken almost every bone in my body at one time or another from some crazy crash...HOWEVER in all that time i have never rode off a cliff, which is my point. I was just saying that as unfortunate as it is one has to question WHY said person was that close to a cliff if they didnt feel they could sucessfully negotiate it.
Wowo on here if you have a different opinion you get jumped on

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Whoa....kind of harsh words for someone who wasn't there. :nono:
Do you know the details of the incident that you are able to label the guy 'stupid"????:nono:

robbiewood

Reaction score
Oh boo hoo I am "pizzin" (really are you 6?) people off...I am sorry that you react to someone who has a different point of view as yourself with outward hostility, again Pilo7 I am sorry you dont like my comments I am sorry I am not all broken up about someone riding off a cliff but in MY opinion (assuming I am allowed one?) its pretty moronic whatever happened riding off a cliff...it you are that close to the edge have some ************ given common sense and be able to ride.

I am sorry I have offended your little clique, dont worry you can all go back to agreeing with each other now and never considering others points of view....can you all repeat after me "small minded?"

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Robbiewood,
Do you know exactly what happened to judge like this?

Not the time and place.

To make a conclusion that someone should have been more careful, without knowing the facts, and not considering that there are probably people who were there, and/or know this person... Have a heart dude...

My condolences to everyone that knew him.

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ch!t happens.... Thats all I gotta say. Its a very sad thing for the family,friends and everyone involved in this sport. I've had my fair share of close calls and I am glad I am still alive... so don't hate because I am sure that everyone hear has had times where they wondered why they were still breathing and are thankful. anyone know when this happened?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a chain of events that lead up to very bad thing that cost a man his LIFE , the coutry I ride can take your life in the blink of an eye unless you know each link in the chain of events to mans actions wish his family and freinds are condolences . riding in moutains the terain can change in A new york second

Top Bottom