Dealership OOPS..........How happy would you be?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine just emailed me pic's of his work truck.It has been running
like crap lately and has been taken in for warrenty work several times to
fix the problem.
Here is what the truck looks like after the dealership took it for a "test drive"
truck1.JPG
truck2.JPG

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter now,but I don't know what they were test driving it for to begin with.
The check engine light was on,so all they had to do was pull it into the shop and plug it into the
computer to see what was wrong.I'm sure a situation like this would SUCK for everyone involved.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter now,but I don't know what they were test driving it for to begin with.
The check engine light was on,so all they had to do was pull it into the shop and plug it into the
computer to see what was wrong.I'm sure a situation like this would SUCK for everyone involved.

B.s

U have to test drive to confirm the issue

Part of diagnosis...

sent while I should be drinking tea's

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only logical thing I can think of for him to do would be take a nice new truck for a 'test drive', bring it back the exact same way.

You smash my stuff, I smash yours.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem...dealer can keep it and repair at his leisure, that is after he gets a smokin.... deal on a new one

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be worse... One of the guys who works here brought his truck in, the dealer left a single key in the ignition and it was stolen....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And crappie happens

Just because the worker got in a accident with a truck on a test drive,

They have insurance for us driving your vehicles

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that was my truck..... I would lose my mind, and my very little patience on that dealership!!!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be as understanding as they are apologetic. like stated, they have insurance. the dodge dealer I go to rents trucks, so an equivelant truck for free while mine is fixed would keep me happy.

x2. then hope they take about 6 months to fix it.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow guess I should be happy my '12 came back from a Calgary dodge dealer OOP with just a bunch of scratches down the driver side. Never noticed till I washed it next day, still waitign for a call back after sending them pics 3 days ago...

cobraclone

Reaction score
Things like this do happen. I left my superduty with a transmission shop in Edmonton for them to service the transmission, it was acting up a little. The day i was expecting it back i got a phone call saying during the test drive the owner of the shop was in a collision with my truck. Superduty vs. prius, guess who won that one!! The cherry on top of it all was he lied about insurance(His shop didnt have any) and i recieved notification that i was being sued for personal injury from the people he hit with my truck!!

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First do we know if the test driver was even at fault?? Regardless, I would have had a sh!t hemorage and require a seditive. Then I would send in my wife where cooler heads would prevail and the dealership would be wondering after how it was they got SCREWED and not even kissed. The benefits of higher education and a ruthless command of the Queen's English complete with a British twist of sarcasim. Trust me guys she can be pure evil when she has to be.

Lets hope the dealership in this case comes up large, fixes the damage (or comes up with smokin hot deal) and has resolved the original issues as well.

I will say blowing a head gasket in public and hammering somebody verbally can be fun (if it is justified). Even better to watch if its a good or great rant.

Top Bottom