Dealer threats?

BYOB

Reaction score
My friend was told by his dealer that if his sled is not picked up within 10 days that he will lose all the rebates. Is there anything written anywhere that a sled has to be picked up in 10 days to qualify or is this just a dealer who is bullying for fast pick up to get cash coming in? I bought mine through a different dealer and the sled isn't in yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend was told by his dealer that if his sled is not picked up within 10 days that he will lose all the rebates. Is there anything written anywhere that a sled has to be picked up in 10 days to qualify or is this just a dealer who is bullying for fast pick up to get cash coming in? I bought mine through a different dealer and the sled isn't in yet.

All that information should be on your snowcheck form you did with the dealer last spring. I know BRP has a deadline on there spring checks but I think the earliest you have to pick it up is October31st. Hope that helps.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that dealer is full of crap, snowchecks have free flooring until oct31, you will not lose anything before then!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was told they must be picked up by August 31st or you lose the rebates. According to them it's coming from Polaris. Take it for what it is (not sure if I believe this 100%)

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, just got off of the phone with our rep. Snowcheck rules this year are clear as mud and hard to understand off the dealer web. Any unit that was invoiced to a dealership before sept. 1 will have to be registered by sept. 30 to qualify. Any unit that is invoiced after sept. 1 will have to be registered within a 30 day period of that invoice date to qualify. If invoiced on sept 15, you have until oct 15. I hope this helps. I was way off base in my previous post. Sorry! In 2011 we had until the end of oct.

BYOB

Reaction score
So at the very minimum he has until September 30th then. I am seeing it like snopro though, if its not on the sales contract then there should be no grounds for the dealer or Polaris to do anything. Cant make up rules out of thin air after a deal is signed.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I've been told is that the dealers have to start paying interest on the money they borrowed to get the sleds brought in at the end of September.

BYOB

Reaction score
Who cares if they have to pay interest? That is the cost of doing business. A car dealership pays interest on everything sitting on the lot. Any retail business buys from the manufacturer or distributor and then resells it to you. Walmart doesn't jack up the price of toasters because they sat for a few months.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares if they have to pay interest? That is the cost of doing business. A car dealership pays interest on everything sitting on the lot. Any retail business buys from the manufacturer or distributor and then resells it to you. Walmart doesn't jack up the price of toasters because they sat for a few months.

sounds, like a lack of communication or mis understanding on the early deposit program, i can t speak for Polaris, but i know with Arctic Cat all early deposit/snow checks have to be paid/financed and registered by sept 30 to qualify for the EARLY PURCHASE REBATES..... its not the dealer that makes the rules we just follow them.... this should be explained at the time the deposit was taken.... unless the dealer wants to fork out of their pocket....the early purchase rebates are for early purchases... the only incentive to the dealer is to presell some of his required order. FYI interest free periods are really no deciding factor on current models ( 2012) maybe on 2010's in dealer inventory....that need to be sold... just my two cents...

Terry

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told my sled wouldnt even be in for me to pick up until mid November so I hope that doesnt mess up my rebates, If anyone knows anything about this please post.....

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my good dealer here in Fort Mcmurray and they told me its not my fault if the sled shows up late, they will push all rebates ahead for when the sled does show up

PRORIDER27

Reaction score
Ok, just got off of the phone with our rep. Snowcheck rules this year are clear as mud and hard to understand off the dealer web. Any unit that was invoiced to a dealership before sept. 1 will have to be registered by sept. 30 to qualify. Any unit that is invoiced after sept. 1 will have to be registered within a 30 day period of that invoice date to qualify. If invoiced on sept 15, you have until oct 15. I hope this helps. I was way off base in my previous post. Sorry! In 2011 we had until the end of oct.
This is true.

polguy

Reaction score
What kind of rebate on the Poo? and what were the extras on the snow check?
If I didn't pay before Aug. 31 I would have lost my $500 rebate. The sled came in last week. The real disappointment is the warranty starts the day you pay. But this all beats the January delivery that happened in "08!

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The real disappointment is the warranty starts the day you pay. But this all beats the January delivery that happened in "08!

Really? That sucks. I know with the couple Ski-Doo's I have snowchecked, the warranty period began on Dec 1st. No matter when you took delivery. Got a Cat coming this year. Wonder what their policy is....

Top Bottom