dead renegade

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Well I'm sitting in the trailer doing nothing. The renegade completely died. I was driving down a trail and it completely stopped. it will turn over but won't fire I can smell gas but theres no spark. the gauge says low batt, service engine soon, loss of communication, limp mode. it did start once and we were able to ride and head back untill it died a few minutes later and then nothing. So it got towed. At camp I took every connection off and checked, charged the battery and still nothing. And all the same codes are coming up. I think its the main computer or the cdi box . Now I'm not looking forward to finding a dealer that can fix this thing by next weekend. I'm glad I still have warranty. othrwise this has not been a good weekend.

juicy

Reaction score
Ch!tty deal man, is it possible you got some moisture in some electrical?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No key problem, and there was no moisture anywhere, the quad was dry, that night I took every electrical connection apart and then put back together and all the same errors show up. I think the ECU is dead, now I have to get on the phone and see who can fix this right away?

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had that problem on my outlander last weekend with it having no spark and smelling gas. It ended up being my relays and fuses up front. If u know another guy with a reny try switching with him and see if it helps

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so, seeing as you've already had your machine running long enough to damage it again, what was the cause of this issue?

Top Bottom