Dead Battery!

yammyman

Reaction score
I installed an Antigravity battery on my XM and after working perfectly fine for 4 days I found it dead one morning! The only thing I can think of that may have killed it was leaving the DESS key installed for a day. Could this create a draw?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed an Antigravity battery on my XM and after working perfectly fine for 4 days I found it dead one morning! The only thing I can think of that may have killed it was leaving the DESS key installed for a day. Could this create a draw?
What size looking at it also have a 8cell ballistic but will not start it a 0c so going to a different one.

yammyman

Reaction score
Just found this info on the antigravity website under FAQ, it explains a lot but doesn't mention this in instructions that come with the battery:

1) If you are using the smallest battery possible for your bike to save weight (for example for race use a 4 cell in a 600cc bike, or an 8-cell in a 1000cc bike) you may find in 50 degree weather and below it may be sluggish initially. But with each attempt to start the battery actually warms itself from the amp discharge and gets back its full strength. If you often ride in weather below the 50s we recommend going up one or two sizes on the battery, this will give you more cranking amps to get power even if its very cold.

yammyman

Reaction score
12 cell

That's what Kevin at c3 recommended me when I asked for one. If you go to the antigravity website it will give various dimensions and capacities!

Mine is the 12 cell, 360 CCA 12 amp hrs, 4.25" l x 3.25" w x 4.25" h, it's significantly smaller but it comes with foam inserts which work perfect for holding the battery in place. All I had to do was relocate the ground cable.

Top Bottom