Day Trip Suggestions

blair155

Reaction score
Im just wondoring what is a good place to go on a day trip around Edmonton? The closer the better but it would be nice to climb some hills.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just wondoring what is a good place to go on a day trip around Edmonton? The closer the better but it would be nice to climb some hills.

Try Rabbit Hill. Half an hour from Edmonton... Got to watch for those pesky skiers though. They can cause some damage if you hit them at a good speed :rolleyes:

blair155

Reaction score
Ide be willing to drive up to 2 hours.. Is there any snow at Alberta Beach?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your willing to drive 2hrs , Rob , Whitecourt for starters , the trip to Alberta Beach is usually good , not much when you get there

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
blair155, a nice days riding out in the Clyde area, about 1 hour north of Edmonton. Had a rally last year so there is a trail about 85km long, some hills, some small bowls, if the snow comes again this year the riding is pretty good! There is a group of us out here that ride every weekend, if the snow and the weather is good. There is some talk about another rally on Mar 1/09, if I here any more about it I'll post it here.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear riding around Faucett Lake area is good, never been myself. I am actually looking for some idea's myself for this Sat. afternoon. I am just south of Westlock and have hit ever ditch I can, need some NEW places to attack. Can anyone give some input on the areas such as Athabasca, Faucett Lake, or maybe Ft. Assinaboin? Thanks. :d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Whitecourt for sure, they will have the most snow and good hills, trails, fields etc. plus all the amenities of the city itself for food, fuel etc. Makes a great day trip.:beer:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think alot of Whitecourt would be pounded down from this past weekends ralley. Just my opinion.

blair155

Reaction score
thanx for all the suggestions, i would like to go to whitecourt but it seems it may been torn up due to the rally. im sure there must be some places near that area that have some fresh snow though...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after +- 1400 sleds this weekend we could use some snow. Saw fresh groomer tracks on the river this morning so it looks like Alex is back at it.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live inthe city,Try Swan Hills 2.5hrs,seen a few guys off loading 30kms east of Swan Hills.We were there on Sat. and Sun. tons of trails,a gps wouldn't hurt.There is tons of snow,saw guys ripping it up in some cut block,not something i wanted to do.Just gotta get out and explore,always helps if there are others to help cut costs.

Top Bottom