Day pass

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to meet some friends up at the driftbusters trails. Dont ride asa trails so i dont buy a pass. I dont agree with riding without paying so i stopped at the corner store at the turnoff. Wanted to buy a day pass but all they would sell is a season pass. Sorry to say but i wasnt going to pay $70 to ride the trail once. Why wouldnt they sell a day pass might raise more money from people who just want to see how it is. Hats off to the driftbusters i was very impressed.Also i would still like to pay the driftbusters the cost of a day pass.

ridndirty

Reaction score
Trailseekers is a non-ASA club. We sell a day pass for $15.00. If you decide you like the trail, you can upgrade your pass to a season pass for $45.00.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Good for you for want to pay, I can understand your predicament. Some people and rules in clubs make it impossible for them to make money! Running a club or business is having the ability to see the bigger picture and adapt. They should have just charged you a day rate, said thanks for contributing and sent you on your way!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
MXZretta, did you make it to the northern lites cabin? I was there a couple weeks ago and the guys went back on saturday.....good area....We all just buy the ASA pass at the beginning of the year and go riding all over alberta without fear of worrying about paying for day passes.

cheerz

Rob

556128_567943766549435_817839858_n.jpg

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you for want to pay, I can understand your predicament. Some people and rules in clubs make it impossible for them to make money! Running a club or business is having the ability to see the bigger picture and adapt. They should have just charged you a day rate, said thanks for contributing and sent you on your way!

X2. Even if they accepted a $10 donation would have been fine. I ran into the same thing when I wanted to ride one day up in High Level. Got the same story. And I wasn't paying $280 for 4 people to ride one day.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could always find their mailing address and send them a small donation with the suggestion of daily fee for new riders. I am sure the club would appreciate the donation.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything good about this post and a number of responses to it. Any of us going to B.C., are use to having to pay a day pass if we are not members of the local club/provincial pass (which gets a reduced rate, I believe). It seems to me that more and more people in Alberta, are getting use to the idea of helping to contribute money to operate groomers on trails, which is a change even from 5 years ago. I hope you can find a way to get them that $10 or $15, as it all helps.

Had to meet some friends up at the driftbusters trails. Dont ride asa trails so i dont buy a pass. I dont agree with riding without paying so i stopped at the corner store at the turnoff. Wanted to buy a day pass but all they would sell is a season pass. Sorry to say but i wasnt going to pay $70 to ride the trail once. Why wouldnt they sell a day pass might raise more money from people who just want to see how it is. Hats off to the driftbusters i was very impressed.Also i would still like to pay the driftbusters the cost of a day pass.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MXZretta, did you make it to the northern lites cabin? I was there a couple weeks ago and the guys went back on saturday.....good area....We all just buy the ASA pass at the beginning of the year and go riding all over alberta without fear of worrying about paying for day passes.

cheerz

Rob

View attachment 150286

Is that up by the trans canada trail? I know we ended up by Athabasca before heading back to the the staging area. Also what were your friends riding we stopped and talked to a few guys by one cabin. One riding a cat and the other two a summit and mxz.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Is that up by the trans canada trail? I know we ended up by Athabasca before heading back to the the staging area. Also what were your friends riding we stopped and talked to a few guys by one cabin. One riding a cat and the other two a summit and mxz.

This cabin is north of westlock about 30 km's and west of Dapp..... Here they are in the next picture.....

19716_571555309521614_1302243957_n.jpg

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never made it to that cabin. We talked to the guy in the purple shirt and the guy next to him. Never ran into the rest of the group.

Top Bottom