Date for big iron shootout?

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knows for sure if and when the bis is happening?

Is there still a limit on the number of sleds?

Bigbragg

Reaction score
Why am i not surprised.

$25 per sled, 1000 sleds = $25,000
Not bad for 1 days work.

The SRS is a bunch of money hungy douche bags taking advantage of the one busy day of the year.

:realmad:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why am i not surprised.

Not bad for 1 days work.

The SRS is a bunch of money hungy douche bags taking advantage of the one busy day of the year.

Well don't go then BigBagg.... The amount of beer you pack up on the hill probably costs you more anyway. The $25 seems pretty reasonable when you factor in the amount of volunteers needed for the chaos up on Boulder for B.I.S weekend. Volunteers to clean up garbage left behind by disrespectful riders, clean up of empty alcoholic beverage containers, groomer costs and time spent hauling and packing bags of garbage back down to the trail head. Probably gonna be lots of First Aid personel up on the hill too.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Why am i not surprised.

Not bad for 1 days work.

Recalculate your garade 1 math skills...... Lots of people are annual supprters and will not be paying The $25 as they have an annual membership.

What are the exact dates that you volunteered your time and effort. We would all like to know.

It seems like you would rather complain, than have any solutions or rectifications that could assist.

I guess we will see you volunteering that day.

Just PM Powder Puff and I sure she will have a job for you to do.

Thanks for volunteering

fightstrap50

Reaction score
we are booked into rooms at glacier house and so how can I assure we get these limited number of trail passes we need to ride there? there is 5 of us coming out for it and have been booked for 6 weeks and this is the firts i heard about a limit on lseds up there, that is so retarded! can anyone help us out? PM me or emailo me and I will get back to you asap. thanks a tonne in advance.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, the only reason a lot of this was completed last year was because several individuals like Impluse Turbo's, Dusty @ Snowmobile Recyclers, Zacs Tracs, Randy Swenson, etc etc ponied up cash and/or put some time in to ensure that the event actually went ahead. Powder Puff - can you please comment as to the SRS involvement in this event? I think some people don't entirely know who does what and how much this event jeopardizes the management/use agreement for the area, they would just prefer to use derogatory terms like "douche bag" without any factual information...

What charity got the donations last year?? I thought I remember seeing something about donations from the event organizer that were going to go to a charity.....:rolleyes:

Don't blame the SRS, to my knowledge this is a "private" event that is held on the Revy trail system and therefore the cost of needs to be passed onto the riders, why should the SRS suck up the costs of extra staff in the parking lots to help park all the trucks and trailers properly, etc, etc, etc for someone to hold a private event?

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why am i not surprised.

Not bad for 1 days work.

Then stay in N AB ya douche!!! and ride the deep ass pow and steep hills you have there!! Oh yeah you guys dont have that stuff there!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Recalculate your garade 1 math skills...... Lots of people are annual supprters and will not be paying The $25 as they have an annual membership.

What are the exact dates that you volunteered your time and effort. We would all like to know.

It seems like you would rather complain, than have any solutions or rectifications that could assist.

I guess we will see you volunteering that day.

Just PM Powder Puff and I sure she will have a job for you to do.

Thanks for volunteering

which school did you attend?

on another note, the sled club may not be charging enough for this ch!t show. went to the one in 05? looked like 4 to 5 thousand sleds running everywhere, was a little dangerous. not likely to go again soon. sounds like last year was a disaster, that was saved by a few dedicated sledders THANK YOU to those that helped.
i have volunteered for the enjoyment of a lot of clowns and never got anything but a big FY. the revy sled club will have to put up with this mess, clean up garbage, pull a few drunk clowns out etc. $25,000 may not be enough.

Last edited:

powpounder

Reaction score
Hey PP, I think the club should plow the trail up to the 4km marker or even past. Do this a couple days before the event. This will keep many people from riding boulder that day!!!!:p I don't think many guys would be willing to run there sleds on 4kms of gravel:rant: Then for the rest of the year only the early risers will get a parking spot!!;)

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why am i not surprised.

Not bad for 1 days work.

Maybe they should charge $100.00 that day!
This is the most retarded chit show and it is not organized. The tard that arranges this "event" believes he is not accountable because he doesn't "organize" it. Based on his behaviours he appears to have a diminished capacity to grasp reality and may be mentally challenged.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arent most the people that attend just regular sledders that go to Revy or live near many other times as well through out the winter???

Apextenn

Reaction score
So what if they make 25000 dollars off one day what is 25$ when you have already spent 200 dollars on gas just getting their another 200-300 dollars on hotels. I don't know if you know this but money runs the world the more money the snowmobile society has the more money they have avalible to fight off the greenies from shutting down these areas it blows my mind people complain about these small fees and then have 20000 dollars sleds 15000 trailer etc. I am not sure if someone has not told you but laweryers arnt cheap and greenies seem to have more resources in that area then sledders do so we have to at least support the groups that keep these areas open.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey PP, I think the club should plow the trail up to the 4km marker or even past. Do this a couple days before the event. This will keep many people from riding boulder that day!!!!:p I don't think many guys would be willing to run there sleds on 4kms of gravel:rant: Then for the rest of the year only the early risers will get a parking spot!!;)

Real smart comment!!
Should it be made more difficult for a user to get into a public area days prior to an event??
I didn't realize some PP's think they should get priority into public land more so than others.
Good way to get these areas shutdown. If we can't all get along then we will see more areas dissappear or elimination of events such as the BIS. :nono::nono:

powpounder

Reaction score
Real smart comment!!
Should it be made more difficult for a user to get into a public area days prior to an event??
I didn't realize some PP's think they should get priority into public land more so than others.
Good way to get these areas shutdown. If we can't all get along then we will see more areas dissappear or elimination of events such as the BIS. :nono::nono:

Have you ever been to this ch!t show??? "GOOD WAY TO GET THESE AREAS SHUTDOWN" sorry please don't waste my time:confused:

Top Bottom