dash cam vid of idiot on hiway2

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are those signs that say "slower traffic keep right" for?

Slower then 110km keep right!
Simple! Right?

But you can't have it both ways! I get mad at people in the left lane doing 90km. But I'm not retarded enough to believe that I have the right to break the law and drive at 130 and get mad at the guy in the left lane at 110 while he passes a car doing 100km.

I drive over the speed limit more times than often but I never get mad at people who choose not to break the law.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driver of this car is obviously loose in the head and no excuse for it putting people lives in danger period.

common curtsey is to pull into the right lane and let faster moving traffic by, to many drive in the left lane and think because they are doing the speed limit they are proving a point. Only point your proving is your a bit of an a$$hole with all due respect.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common courtesy isn't common anymore, and there has been a steady erosion of highway driving habits and etiquette over the years. Here's my rules: left lane.jpg

First off - passing rules are not about absolute speed - it is about relative speed. If I'm doing better than someone, I go to the left and pass him, returning to the right as soon as possible and courteous to the guy I just passed (ie: no cutting him off). If passing a long line of slower cars, I make sure I keep significant progress when passing and not +0.005kph like some goobers do. Get it done, burn some diesel, and get back to the right! If someone is faster than me, I get the fawk out of his way and let him go, no matter if the pace of the day is 80 or 180. I also move over 100% of the time to let people merge, even when driving with a big trailer.

Extra addendums:
-tailgaters / aggressive azzholes get to wait a little extra to pass :)
-If you pass, then slow down in front of me a couple times, you have just lost your Pistonbroke highway credit, you go into long term memory, and I do not get out of the way next time. Goooooo fawk yourself with a cactus, you are no longer on the approved driver's list today.
-Cruise control is king. Find a speed that works for you and click that motherfawker on when road conditions and traffic allow.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common courtesy isn't common anymore, and there has been a steady erosion of highway driving habits and etiquette over the years. Here's my rules:View attachment 196492

First off - passing rules are not about absolute speed - it is about relative speed. If I'm doing better than someone, I go to the left and pass him, returning to the right as soon as possible and courteous to the guy I just passed (ie: no cutting him off). If passing a long line of slower cars, I make sure I keep significant progress when passing and not +0.005kph like some goobers do. Get it done, burn some diesel, and get back to the right! If someone is faster than me, I get the fawk out of his way and let him go, no matter if the pace of the day is 80 or 180. I also move over 100% of the time to let people merge, even when driving with a big trailer.

Extra addendums:
-If you pass, then slow down in front of me a couple times, you have just lost your Pistonbroke highway credit, you go into long term memory, and I do not get out of the way next time. Goooooo fawk yourself with a cactus, you are no longer on the approved driver's list today.
-Cruise control is king. Find a speed that works for you and click that motherfawker on when road conditions and traffic allow.

Do you have the other half of this amulet? LOL. Bingo man!

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common courtesy isn't common anymore, and there has been a steady erosion of highway driving habits and etiquette over the years. Here's my rules:View attachment 196492

Extra addendums:

Exactly....love it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How dare you break the law by driving in the left lane and get in the way of me breaking the law by speeding! :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: You guys are friggin awesome!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And so is the the speed limit a simple rule to comprehend.

And just so you know I'm not one of those guys that stay in the left hand lane.

Yes, but we don't know why the guy who caught up behind you has chosen to speed...perhaps late, perhaps family emergency, or perhaps he just like to exceed to speed limit....isn't it better to just move over and let him go by? Those who try and slow a speeder down are possible creating a bigger problem.....just move out of the way.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little more news. Turns out that the two cars that were split in the video actually know the idiot in the Infiniti and they were all on their way to a car show or something in Sylvan Lake.

Should help the police confirm who was the driver of the Infiniti. Should be a slam dunk for Dangerous Driving (Criminal Code Violation) See Dangerous Driving | Calgary Legal Guidance

Reactions: RXN

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little more news. Turns out that the two cars that were split in the video actually know the idiot in the Infiniti and they were all on their way to a car show or something in Sylvan Lake.

Should help the police confirm who was the driver of the Infiniti. Should be a slam dunk for Dangerous Driving (Criminal Code Violation) See Dangerous Driving | Calgary Legal Guidance

So....3 azzholes working in concert. Got it.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So....3 azzholes working in concert. Got it.

In the article along with the vid, the person in the blue BMW in the left lane (Katrina) doesn't sound like any of the "3 azzholes working in concert". Her story reads like someone who was scared ****less.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the article along with the vid, the person in the blue BMW in the left lane (Katrina) doesn't sound like any of the "3 azzholes working in concert". Her story reads like someone who was scared ****less.
Hopefully this taught her not to impede the flow of traffic and move over to the right lane. But probably not

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Or just dumb as **ck

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its true that those other 2 should have been moved over since they were basically all doing the same speed (all 3).

but thats no excuse for someone barreling in at 170kmph not bothering to slow down and going between 2 cars.

There is a reason you have brakes and a horn in your vehicle.

The driver here should loose licence automatically for atleast 7 years over this.

This kind of thing gets people killed , and makes others panic too. hes lucky no one swerved or even veered and ended up dead.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm odd I drive on qe2 a lot I haven't seen those signs? I've only seen the "slower traffic keep right" ones.

Never said it was a sign????

So in your vast travels of qe2 did you ever see the posted speed limit?

Or you only pick the signs that apply to you?

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with guy passing in middle of 2 cars. DANGEROUS TO EVERYONE< But when someone puts his or her cruise on at 112 and starts to pass someone doing 110 then it takes 10 frigging miles. If you are on cruise you can pass at will but if someone comes up from behind you just push gas a little pass quicker then back in right lane back to your speed and everyone is happy. BUT no dumb assis will not speed up ( oh would be speeding to much),

Top Bottom