dash cam vid of idiot on hiway2

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they tracked the guy to Sylvan Lake and police interviewed him they were saying on the news before supper.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like half the guys on this forum driving down a trail on their sled on any given day.

Reactions: RXN

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guy passing is nuts but what about the idiots who drive for miles on end in the fast lane and cause drivers to get infuriated to the point this stuff happens.

Curious? what's the speed limit in the fast lane?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are those signs that say "slower traffic keep right" for?

PS story says the beamers then chased him down all the way to sylvan from qe2 obviously speeding and breaking the law as well as so they could confront him lol, douches.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Really, you don't know??? I got a hunch where you are going with this....its you're RIGHT to drive in either lane, right?

There are numerous (not enough in my mind) signs along divided highways that read "slower traffic keep right"......meaning if it is safe to do so, please move to the RH lane to allow faster moving traffic to pass.....it does not matter what speed you are travelling, try and move over to allow faster traffic to pass. Even if you are doing the speed limit and someone catches up to you.....just move over and allow the faster traffic to go by......it's not rocket science.

It's a simple rule that so many people fail to comprehend.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like those 3 cars were together, part of some sort of Ricer/fart car convention going from Calgary to Sylvan.

Pull that chit in Sylvan and ur likely to get ran down by a F-350 and left in a black cloud of half burnt fossil fuel!

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty clear the guy was going 150+,cop's should be able to charge him with
several driving infraction's based on video.People like that get other people killed.
Take his lic. and see how funny he think's it is after that.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, you don't know??? I got a hunch where you are going with this....its you're RIGHT to drive in either lane, right?

There are numerous (not enough in my mind) signs along divided highways that read "slower traffic keep right"......meaning if it is safe to do so, please move to the RH lane to allow faster moving traffic to pass.....it does not matter what speed you are travelling, try and move over to allow faster traffic to pass. Even if you are doing the speed limit and someone catches up to you.....just move over and allow the faster traffic to go by......it's not rocket science.

It's a simple rule that so many people fail to comprehend.

And so is the the speed limit a simple rule to comprehend.

And just so you know I'm not one of those guys that stay in the left hand lane.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And so is the the speed limit a simple rule to comprehend.

And just so you know I'm not one of those guys that stay in the left hand lane.
That always drive me nuts. I was taught the left hand lane is the passing lane. Once you get by the vehicle you're passing. When it's safe to do so get back in the right hand lane. Traffic flows so much better. I usually feel like a Douce when I get going in the left and forget to get back over and end up being passed on the right.

But unless it's a life threatening emergency no one should ever drive like buddy was in the video. Risking your life and the life's of others just to go get to where you need to be a few minutes earlier.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive the QEII every weekend from Calgary to Edmonton return and you would not believe the amount of privileged left laners there really are on that road holding up a string of traffic.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive the QEII every weekend from Calgary to Edmonton return and you would not believe the amount of privileged left laners there really are on that road holding up a string of traffic.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
And it's the law here in b.c to move over

U know who the worst for doing it is, unfortunately red and green plates, with a few dumb azz blue old fart plates in there too

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That left Lane is usually doing 135 to 140, they need more enforcement on that highway, with heavy duty fines or suspensions.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy was driving a little crazy in the video.

Yes at times people drive in the left lane at the wrong time.

But no excuse for someone driving like that.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope! I have the right to not break the law if I so choose.
Right?

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the QE II, Highway 16 and all other 4 lane divided highways with a 110 limit, I will set the cruise at 120 and stick to the right unless overtaking another vehicle. If someone is approaching fast from behind I will slow to the traffic speed in the right hand lane and let the idiot pass. I do confess though that there are times i will stick in the left lane when passing a line of traffic and the guy behind me has passed me a couple times already and always moves right and slows down forcing me to pass him. People like that are irritating but what Mr. Infiniti was doing was completely ridiculous.

BTW, if you tailgate me, I will leave more room between me and the guy in front of me because now I have to allow enough distance for you to react.

Everybody can be seen by others as a discourteous driver at some point and sometimes they are right. There are a few who are downright dangerous and the Infiniti driver was one of them.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
U know who the worst for doing it is, unfortunately red and green plates, with a few dumb azz blue old fart plates in there too
giphy.gif

Top Bottom