Dalton Mudrunner kit

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just order the two springs. (Dalton) No special tools required....no clutch puller, nothing. I guarantee you that I can talk ya through it. Leave the stock weights.

Dalton Green/Yellow, DPPS-G/Y,67 lbs/160 lbs, $29.95. Dalton Yellow/Black, DPSS-Y/B,147 lbs/205 lbs, $41.00.

Can i run this setup on my ride, i got the green yellow in the primary allready from new, was looking at getting a secondary.
thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can i run this setup on my ride, i got the green yellow in the primary allready from new, was looking at getting a secondary.
thanks
Yup. Your quad has heavier weights than the XMR/Renegade, but the Dalton springs will still help a lot.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a mudrunner kit from Dalton and all it had was the Y/G primary spring and the weights. What does the B/Y secondary do?

2013 outlander 800xtp 30"Zillas

Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a mudrunner kit from Dalton and all it had was the Y/G primary spring and the weights. What does the B/Y secondary do?

2013 outlander 800xtp 30"Zillas

Thanks
Gives a bit more pinch in the secondary and stalls the upshift a bit...good for big tires.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gives a bit more pinch in the secondary and stalls the upshift a bit...good for big tires.

With that set up how much better is the cv tech primary stm secondary combo? Is there huge gains? Kinda spendy if it doesn't give you a big jump.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that set up how much better is the cv tech primary stm secondary combo? Is there huge gains? Kinda spendy if it doesn't give you a big jump.
I'm not a CV Tech fan...but I won't deny that they DO work. I like the QSC primary. The benefit to both these primaries is that the one-way bearing is smaller than the BRP one....so your starting ratio is lower. (lower "first gear") The QSC/STM combo (or CVT/STM combo) is a HUGE gain over stock for driveability and belt life. With stock tires, the drag strip gain is not big at all. But with big tires there is no comparison.

Top Bottom