Dalton adjustable weights

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a set of dalton weights and was wondering when loading the weight do you put the slugs all the way to the bottom or do you space them out and use the last slug to lock them in? Seems like a lot of weight in the tip and none in the heel.Pulls hard out of the hole but falls on it's face on top end I had a set of Heavy Hitters and could pull more weight with them.Any help with this would be great. Thanks

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a set of dalton weights and was wondering when loading the weight do you put the slugs all the way to the bottom or do you space them out and use the last slug to lock them in? Seems like a lot of weight in the tip and none in the heel.Pulls hard out of the hole but falls on it's face on top end I had a set of Heavy Hitters and could pull more weight with them.Any help with this would be great. Thanks

In my M1000 i run all the weight out at the tip and it works awesome. What i do id add only as much weight as will pull. So if it is falling on it face as you say? You must be losing abunch of rpm at top?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya losing about 400rpm throughout the whole range but what gets me is took out about 4gr and didn't gain any rpm and lost some speed.Took out some more weight today and moved some to the center of weight.Do these weights act heavier than stockers?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No they usually act pretty well the same as stock but will vary abit if it's all loaded into the tip. The weights aren't binding on anything or stiff to move at all are they?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No they usually act pretty well the same as stock but will vary abit if it's all loaded into the tip. The weights aren't binding on anything or stiff to move at all are they?

no everything is good just replaced rollers pins guides as I had a roller bushing and pin fail,I had heavy hitters in there but 1 weight got taken out with the roller.Had 73.3 grms in with the heavy hitters now down to 67.9 with daltons.Not much tuning info with dalton kit.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Dalton and he told me to run no weight in tip as dalton weights are heavy there already.Said you can put the slugs in anywhere you want and they act like a stock weight but create more force because they are made with a denser steel. Well I guess back to the field for more testing.Thanks for your help Glen,maybe this info will help you too.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Dalton and he told me to run no weight in tip as dalton weights are heavy there already.Said you can put the slugs in anywhere you want and they act like a stock weight but create more force because they are made with a denser steel. Well I guess back to the field for more testing.Thanks for your help Glen,maybe this info will help you too.

Thats good info. Maybe thats why mine pulls like a freight train on roids with all the weight in the tip. I ride a M1000 with some goodies (Still naturally aspirated). It's weird cause even other M1000's i seem to be able to pull more weight in my primary than most anyone else i know that runs the 1000's.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess if I move the weight closer to the heel it will allow the engine to pull harder on the top end. Was still hard to get specific info from them as there into Quads more than Sleds

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good info. Maybe thats why mine pulls like a freight train on roids with all the weight in the tip. I ride a M1000 with some goodies (Still naturally aspirated). It's weird cause even other M1000's i seem to be able to pull more weight in my primary than most anyone else i know that runs the 1000's.
So how much weight are you pulling? I am between 83 - 84 grams at elevation with stock 08 M1000 other than a D&D Y pipe, Linderman head mod and Timbersled intake.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how much weight are you pulling? I am between 83 - 84 grams at elevation with stock 08 M1000 other than a D&D Y pipe, Linderman head mod and Timbersled intake.

I am 84 grams with adjustables and all weight out at the tip i mainly have an exhaust and a couple intake mods and clutching. And i rev at 7850. What rpm do you run at? There have been lots of guys artound the past 2 years that are running like 80-81 grams to get 7800 out of there's.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my SLP setup so i am using the stock pipe right now (7300-7400 rpm) with the Dalton adjustable primary weights. Looking at a set of Jaws Twins in the near future.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my SLP setup so i am using the stock pipe right now (7300-7400 rpm) with the Dalton adjustable primary weights. Looking at a set of Jaws Twins in the near future.

Yah i used to be at about 82-83grams to rev 7400 and now i'm at 84 to not rev over 7900 with the speedwerx set-up. I'm not a fan of the twins. I know a guy that has a set on his 1000 and he is always havin to adjust the boondocker box to keep it runnin good, where as me i never have to play with my b/d box.

Top Bottom