D&D 1010 stripped theads on cylinder

sledhead72

Reaction score
I have a D&D 1010 kit that I blew the head off of,installed Heli coils and they also stripped out. Wondering if i can install oversize head bolts? or if im stuck buying a new cylinder?

loffelbein88

Reaction score
At the Gm dealer i work at we have a thing called time serts.they are similar to a helicoil but ar not coiled there a solid tube wit threads on the outside and inside.I like them alot more the helicoils.they will be stronger then a heli but not sure how much.and if it will last for you.we use for head bolts on car engines so i dont see y not

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a D&D 1010 kit that I blew the head off of,installed Heli coils and they also stripped out. Wondering if i can install oversize head bolts? or if im stuck buying a new cylinder?

Yes you can install oversize bolts. not the best idea but when you have already tried heli coils there aren't too many options left. Other options are to weld up hole, drill and re-tap to same size. Or try JB welding the heli-coils back in so they will stick.

First find out why it pulled out twice on you already. Too much torque on assembly? Wrong bolt? Are you lubing the threads before putting the bolt in?

sledhead72

Reaction score
I reinstalled the heli coils with some jb also after speaking with my cat dealear mec i was told that the factory bolts are too short for the 1010 kit ,so also installed longer head bolts ...thanks for the advice..

Top Bottom