Curious thing.....

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow and Mud, i have been around since near it's inception (was there for the first camp out). Not always posting a lot except when I feel I can add meaningful content to a topic, sharing experiences and knowledge (usually but making the same mistakes). I am not young anymore and have many regrets that age has allowed me to appreciate.

So my question is why is it "not" ok to brand bash ("Welcome to SnowandMud.com, You will find lots of Die hard brand loyal peeps on here but you shouldn't find brand bashing." - Ron Knight) but it seems ok to bash First nations, Muslims, Sikhs, etc?

“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools”
Martin Luther King Jr.

I for one do not want to perish as a fool.

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brand bashing can be fun, I'm the only cat guy out of my riding group. Ride with a lot of Polaris riders and we banter back and forth its fun. In the end, they're all just machines, they all break, they all come with factory flaws. It's fun to banter it increases the competition.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy with the RX1 gives us skidoo guys crap alll the time about stinky 2strokes using too much oil etc etc.
ok he has towed a number of 2 strokes home, including me.
but now I have a partz sled, I see more and more skidoo parts grafting onto the yammy.

I never let that go unchecked !!!

If you cant see humour in it than take up curling ...

Reactions: RXN

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing his point.... "why is brand bashing NOT ok, but people with different cultures is ok to bash " Am I right??

I'm thinking it is not ok to bash people because of their beliefs or culture, but we all (including myself ) still find humor in it... something to think about....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing his point.... "why is brand bashing NOT ok, but people with different cultures is ok to bash " Am I right??

I'm thinking it is not ok to bash people because of their beliefs or culture, but we all (including myself ) still find humor in it... something to think about....
As long as you start with "I'm not a racist" it's ok....... Especially around Christmas

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Band bashing attacks fellow snowmobilers and causes fights in the brotherhood. But its at pretty safe bet there won't be any Muslims on here so won't be hurting no ones feelings.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess that would be a good question, are there any Muslims on here that quad or ride sled. Not that bashing another's culture is acceptable. Just for the record I have Cat Polaris and Yamaha. I use to won a Skidoo, older mind you. When they are working they are great, when they are not, they are the biggest piece of %$#$&*(**%$$ going.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Band bashing attacks fellow snowmobilers and causes fights in the brotherhood. But its at pretty safe bet there won't be any Muslims on here so won't be hurting no ones feelings.

I hate pink floyd.......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow and Mud, i have been around since near it's inception (was there for the first camp out). Not always posting a lot except when I feel I can add meaningful content to a topic, sharing experiences and knowledge (usually but making the same mistakes). I am not young anymore and have many regrets that age has allowed me to appreciate.

So my question is why is it "not" ok to brand bash ("Welcome to SnowandMud.com, You will find lots of Die hard brand loyal peeps on here but you shouldn't find brand bashing." - Ron Knight) but it seems ok to bash First nations, Muslims, Sikhs, etc?

“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools”
Martin Luther King Jr.

I for one do not want to perish as a fool.

I understand your point, and its a good one. I have always found this site to be highly offensive and very combative. I believe it has allot to do with demographics. There is a high percentage of young adult male posters who are more interested in an adrenaline rush that the well being of their fellow man.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand your point, and its a good one. I have always found this site to be highly offensive and very combative. I believe it has allot to do with demographics. There is a high percentage of young adult male posters who are more interested in an adrenaline rush that the well being of their fellow man.

Freedom of speech, an opinion is like an @$$hole, everyones got one. And no two people will ever share the exact same view.

rozzy

Reaction score
All the brands are available in Canada and have one of our national languages printed on the side. You Can not bash this. We should not bash those that are on out payroll. Except the polititions. If you do not believe in what our country stood for years ago when we had a pair. You are free game.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it should be considered "bashing". People just speaking the truth about situations/experiences for the most part. If some cultures don't enjoy hearing the truth about themselves they should look in the mirror and think about how good it is first before whining and complaining about life in Canada.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freedom of speech, an opinion is like an @$$hole, everyones got one. And no two people will ever share the exact same view.
Freedom of speech is a cop out. This is a private board, anything can be monitored by the owners of the board. Freedom of speech is set by them in these cases, therefor there is no freedom of speech on a private board.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
It is too bad that some people believe a whole culture or religion is dirt just because they met someone from somewhere else that they did not like or behaved badly to them. I choose to believe that most people in the world are basically good caring humans, no matter where they live, come from or what they believe in. There are bad apples in every crowd, and I have met enough bad white Canadian apples in my lifetime, but I don't judge all white Canadians as the same. Joking around is one thing but racism has no place in my life or my families life.

Brand bashing , bring it on, all part of the fun around the campfire. There is nothing wrong with friendly teasing .

Top Bottom