Cummins 3000 inverter ?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these, would like a little feed back on the best 3000 w generators....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Link me up...I've never seen a Cummins (Onan?) inverter genny. Is this an RV deal or a house genny?

Most of my buds use the Honda 3000 inverter genny....quiet, no issues, easy on fuel. RZR101 on here just bought a Boliy 3600w and it's a nice unit.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these, would like a little feed back on the best 3000 w generators....

My uncle has one. I believe it is 3200w. Works good alittle bigger then the Honda. There claim is that it is quieter really couldn't tell. His son works for cummins with his discount it was 1600

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Onan has been the most used built-in RV generators and switch gear for years. Recently they have been re-branded as Cummins/Onan.

Typically they are a PIA to service because of the RV manufacturers place them in the most difficult places on the RV. Once out of the RV they are easy to service. Parts are available by ordering through any Cummins dealer or indirectly through RV dealers.

Other than servicing the most common problems I have repaired is rotten exhaust systems and heat related problems due to 20+ years of road grime build up.

If looking for a portable unit, Honda and Yamaha make very nice reliable units in a good varity of sizes at a reasonable cost. Honda and Yamaha dealers are usually easier to find. These unit are IMO a commercial quality.

If your looking for a built-in unit there are only two good options; Cummins/Onan and Honda (EV? series IIRC). The Honda is slightly more expensive with all the bells and whistles included. Both of these units are built far better than the portable units and the price reflects that fact.

I've installed both into similar Toyhaulers. The Honda cannot be considered a kit; you have to buy the extras separately which equalizes the price. The Honda unit is a custom install. The Onan units are pretty much complete and the RVs were setup to drop the Onan right in.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom