Cuba Reviews

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking at going to Cuba for the first time in March for a week. Have any of you been there, and if you have, Where did you stay and was it good/bad ? What did you do that you really enjoyed and what was not worth the time to do..

Thanks in advance.:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Varadero is the best place on earth....

we stayed at the sirenis la salina... 15 mins out of downtown, BIG resort, good food, good drink, awesome beach, multiple pools, 24 hour burger/pizza bar, 24 hour drinks $10CUC cab ride to town....

We are going back next year me thinks.....

we did the Havana tour with the tropicana show.... LONG day but well worth it. leave the resort @ 7am, drive to havana, guided tour of the old city, drinks at hemmingways bar, free time to tour the market, Lunch @ a nice cafe then off to a cigar factory tour. then back to a hotel where they have one room for every 3 couples (to shower and change) buffet dinner at the hotel then off to the tropicana show it ends at 1-ish and you are back to your resort for 2:30am-ish... burger/pizza/drink & bed

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Het TJ, We stayed at the Breezes Jibacoa, which is pretty much mid-point between Havana and Veradero. 5 star, incredible resort, but a bit of a hike to get to the action. We were there for 2 weeks, so We spent quite a bit of time in Veradero....awesome town. We're probably going back again next year. No matter which resort you stay at, make sure it's all-inclusive and you'll have a great time, it's a beautiful country ,very poor, but rich in history and culture.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we stayed at the sirenis la salina... 15 mins out of downtown, BIG resort, good food, good drink, awesome beach, multiple pools, 24 hour burger/pizza bar, 24 hour drinks $10CUC cab ride to town....

we did the Havana tour with the tropicana show.... LONG day but well worth it. leave the resort @ 7am, drive to havana, guided tour of the old city, drinks at hemmingways bar, free time to tour the market, Lunch @ a nice cafe then off to a cigar factory tour. then back to a hotel where they have one room for every 3 couples (to shower and change) buffet dinner at the hotel then off to the tropicana show it ends at 1-ish and you are back to your resort for 2:30am-ish... burger/pizza/drink & bed

We are looking at going to Varadero, The dsy trip sounds like that would be a awsome thing to do.

Het TJ, We stayed at the Breezes Jibacoa, which is pretty much mid-point between Havana and Veradero. 5 star, incredible resort, but a bit of a hike to get to the action. We were there for 2 weeks, so We spent quite a bit of time in Veradero....awesome town. We're probably going back again next year. No matter which resort you stay at, make sure it's all-inclusive and you'll have a great time, it's a beautiful country ,very poor, but rich in history and culture.

Thanks G n G, I will have to ask our travel agent about that resort. He has only sent us one resort so far. "Barcelo Marina Palace" Looking forward to the Rum :d:d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are looking at going to Varadero, The dsy trip sounds like that would be a awsome thing to do.

Thanks G n G, I will have to ask our travel agent about that resort. He has only sent us one resort so far. "Barcelo Marina Palace" Looking forward to the Rum :d:d

You can't get better rum than Havanna Club. Between me and my buds, we brought back 18 bottles...didn't last long. We ordered a couple of cases from the liquor store here in town, but it just wasn't the same. The rum factory was in the next town over from our resort...what a stink. Make sure you go swimming with the dolphins in Veradaro, it was awesome.

iceman

Reaction score
Last year we went for a week at Varadero, Cuba. We stayed at Sandals Royal Hicacos in Vardero. It was an all inclusive resort and a 4-5 star resort. Lots of people from Alberta go to that resort. We had never been to Cuba before and really didn't know what to expect. It was pretty good food and the beach in front of resort was great. Drank "crystal" beer and it was good. Went to Havana for the day. We hired a somewhat speaking English taxicab driver who took a group of us for the day and showed us the sights. The rum factory, the cigar museum, old Havana and new. But be careful of the many scam artists in Havana. Lots of ways to trick you out of your money. The wife really liked motijos! It was all inclusive but if you tipped a little, you really got fantastic service although it wasn't required too. If you tipped after your first drink, they were good all night. If you didn't, the service was very slow and wasn't sure what brand you were drinking. Top brand liquor was there and it was a couples resort(18plus). We had a great time and met lots of people. We will be going again.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we stayed here as well. huge resort, good for kids as well, water slide, two pools, great food. the beach was great and the water is absolutely beautiful. but for us one week was enough.

aaron_m

Reaction score
Don Lino in Cuba
Basically a glorified hostel. Only had i think 35 rooms total. right on the ocean.
All inclusive from saskatoon last year was $475.
breakfast was basic, lunch was burgers and fries, and dinner was surprise meat or pasta.
Wasn't fancy.
At night when the staff left at 10pm, they'd just leave booze out, and ask us to put our dishes/cups in a wash basin, and shut off the lights when done.
Not for everyone, but actually was a decent trip.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was ther for a year, you will love it. Casa De Al, Al Capon's house, probably the best steak you will find down there. Enjoy.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went to Cuba for Christmas, we went Cayo Santa Maria,
Sol Cayo Santa Maria - Google Maps
It's a big island chain on the north east side, it was really fun. We stayed at Sol Cayo Santa Maira resort, one of about four big resorts on the sweet 10km long white sand beach,it was an all inclusive resort, the food was pretty good and the drinks flowed like water from the tap... When your there, make sure to go on day trips, we did a jeep tour( that took us to see a "humane" cock fight, a national park and farm with a Creole lunch. We also did a tour of Havana and walked around the amazing city and to some markets and forts. We also went on a Catamaran tour to see Dolphins, snorkel on a corral reef and eat a fresh lobster lunch on a tropical island. Here are some photo's
We paid extra and got a room with ocean view, it was great. I drank lots of Rum/beer and ate like a pig.:d:d:beer:

Attachments

• PC260088.jpg
    PC260088.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 100
  • PC260079.jpg
    PC260079.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 99
  • PC260090.jpg
    PC260090.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 95
  • PC280115.jpg
    PC280115.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 105
  • PC300163.jpg
    PC300163.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 100
  • PC300189.jpg
    PC300189.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 90
  • PC310262.jpg
    PC310262.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 100
  • PC310271.jpg
    PC310271.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 88

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a good time FT.............I'll be in Lacrete if you wanted to know

I think we will :). Sorry about your luck having to be in Lacrete!! Trip is booked, leaving on the 13 of march and coming home on the 21. We are going to stay at the same resort as Bogger did when he was there. Lookin forward to the Rum and the Beach. Then hopefully the next weekend we are back I will be sledding somewhere.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we will :). Sorry about your luck having to be in Lacrete!! Trip is booked, leaving on the 13 of march and coming home on the 21. We are going to stay at the same resort as Bogger did when he was there. Lookin forward to the Rum and the Beach. Then hopefully the next weekend we are back I will be sledding somewhere.

That people is how the RICH live.................JS

Top Bottom