Crystal Ridge Sled Boarding/Skiing

DooBoarder

Reaction score
Can't wait to get out for some turns never made it there last year, anyone have pics or vids from riding at Crystal Ridge last year...let's see them!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to get out for some turns never made it there last year, anyone have pics or vids from riding at Crystal Ridge last year...let's see them!!

i had a video. but i was so embarrased with my performance i deleted it lol. you will love it this year. 4 more runs and the access road has had some significant work completed

DooBoarder

Reaction score
i had a video. but i was so embarrased with my performance i deleted it lol. you will love it this year. 4 more runs and the access road has had some significant work completed

Right on thanks maxwell. So there's 8 runs in total then?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a little vid and a few pics. The overview is missing the two new runs that were cut this summer. Should be a sick year up there.

Crystal Ridge Sled Skiing - YouTube

Attachments

• 064_800x531.JPG
    064_800x531.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC_1236_800x530.JPG
    DSC_1236_800x530.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 382
  • aaDSCN3327.jpg
    aaDSCN3327.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 381
  • aaDSCN3351.jpg
    aaDSCN3351.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 391

wooleybulley

Reaction score
are those pics recent? is there enough snow to ride it this year? i was going to revy and golden this weekend for some sled boarding but if there is enogh snow i would like to try out crystal ridge

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are those pics recent? is there enough snow to ride it this year? i was going to revy and golden this weekend for some sled boarding but if there is enogh snow i would like to try out crystal ridge

Last year I think Curtis took those. The runs would likely need a lot more snow judging by what I saw last weekend sledding. But I haven't physically been up there. A lot of the runs the trees are fallen and then left laying flat. Need good snow to cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, i have yet to make it up this year. Some locals have ripped it up and said the upper 75% of the runs are sick, but the lowers are a bit skinny still. We put a lot of work into the access road this year, so I hope you all enjoy it. Please share your pics and experiences here.

This is a completely unique area, so we are learing as we go, we will be happy to take any constructive suggestions for improvements

Here is a little vid from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpnsZE0o4NA

numnah

Reaction score
A crew of us are hoping to hit crystal ridge this weekend. Hope its good:) We will take photos.

Last edited:

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up this week & took a rip up crystal ridge on Tuesday with the GF cause we were just doubling, didn't do any boarding but defiantly enough now, trail in good shape other then lower elevations in the valley which is expected with low snow. :)

uzehy2u8.jpg

a2a2unu2.jpg

apu9epej.jpg

e2ygy3at.jpg

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
Went up to Crystal Ridge on Saturday Jan 4. Snowmobile trail is in good shape although there are a few sections that are starting to get "whoops" developing. Snowpack was about 75cm at the turn to go up to the ridge (approx 4500 feet) and about 125 cm at the top (approx 6500 feet). This is typical of the snowpack right now in all the mountains immediately west of Valemount, including upper Westridge. Only skied the top half or so of the runs. Supportive base with about 30cm of new-ish snow on top of most of the existing tracks made for good ski conditions.

Top Bottom