crowsnest pass quadding

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anybody know where to go quadding around cnp,never been there before and heard it is a nice place to quad..want to go this summer and check it out..so could anybody help me out with directions to a staging/camping area/maps.:rino::feedback:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of places to quad in the CNP. You can stage at atlas and go in around the Crowsnest Mountain or you can stage at the skihill and head up to the plane wreck. (nice ride) Check out the crowsnest pass quad squad site, some really good maps there, we may even have them on this site. There are hundreds of KM's of trails there. Make sure you have ins and registration, I have been checked more times than not. Corbin is also a nice area.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same areas as snowmobiling just less snow. I also went to Corbin area. Fishing with LOST. Great trails but dusty. You will see how those quads climb

chucker

Reaction score
We are heading to that general area over the July 1st long weekend. Going west off of Highway 22 somewhere south of Longview. Going to stage at Dutch Creek. I will post pictures when we return. I am currenting trying to set up a video mount on the RZR. I will post video as well.

Reaction score
Lots of places to quad in the CNP. You can stage at atlas and go in around the Crowsnest Mountain or you can stage at the skihill and head up to the plane wreck. (nice ride) Check out the crowsnest pass quad squad site, some really good maps there, we may even have them on this site. There are hundreds of KM's of trails there. Make sure you have ins and registration, I have been checked more times than not. Corbin is also a nice area.

We have insurance, but here in B.C. we aren't registered (quads) so is that a problem if riding in Alberta?
It's actually tough finding quality information on the Crowsnest Pass for camping/riding unfortunately. I've put out a few e-mails, hoping for some info on the subject personally.
Are some trails of better quality than others, which are in the "easy" category, which are moderate or "difficult"?

Hopefully some good info will be available soon, and it would certainly help ALL that plan on travelling to this area to spend their hard earned $$ for a wonderful trip there.

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
We have insurance, but here in B.C. we aren't registered (quads) so is that a problem if riding in Alberta?
It's actually tough finding quality information on the Crowsnest Pass for camping/riding unfortunately. I've put out a few e-mails, hoping for some info on the subject personally.
Are some trails of better quality than others, which are in the "easy" category, which are moderate or "difficult"?

Hopefully some good info will be available soon, and it would certainly help ALL that plan on travelling to this area to spend their hard earned $$ for a wonderful trip there.

I am having trouble entering info from my work comp. We will gladly help you out. Maps Etc.

Curtis

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after sledding there..now i want to quad there..what a beautyfull area..cant wait for summer now!!!

acvw

Reaction score
I ride lots out there mostly staging out of the Castle or Dutch Creek areas. There's a number campgrounds around both places, which are busy but usually not completely full. Most people find a good place to park in the bush and camp there. Miles and miles of trails out there.

The Castle area has lots of enforcement. Chances are that you will be checked. So make sure you've got insurance/registration, headlight/taillight, and stay on the marked trails. On long weekends when they check you they'll give you a tag for your handlebars that they can easily see so they don't check you twice. Trails are usually well marked so you'll know where you can and can't ride. The crowsnest pass quad squad also has maps of the marked trails on their website.

Dutch creek doesn't have near the enforcement that castle does. I find the riding overall tends to be a lot more challenging there than at castle. I like riding both places. Dutch is nice because you don't have to worry about staying on marked trails (yet).

I've been riding out there for 10 years so I know both places pretty well.

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been to quad squad and i checked out all there staging areas..which one would be the best to camp at for lets say a week with a trailer and maybe a fire pit at nite and thats not to close to Coleman but close enough i could run in and restock the beer cooler...haha!!!
i would love to do a trip there this summer

Top Bottom