Cross-Boarder shopping for KTM parts

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the dollar being so good, I am planning to order a few parts for my KTM from the US.

with shipping and duty, im STILL paying less than if i went to CycleWorks to get these parts.

What im hoping for is other KTM riders who want to go in on a big order. Share the shipping costs.

let me just give you folks an example.

I plan to get an FMF PowerCore 2.

CycleWorks price, $183.95
US price, $109 ($110 CAD)

add $30 in shipping and the $20 in duty and im still saving $20. Now that may not seem like alot, but when you add up all the parts im buying, i will be saving HUNDREDS. It's like splitting on gas when you go camping with friends. you order a LOT of parts, and then shipping doesnt cost as much.

whos in?

need soem new bark busters LadyDirt?
want to buy that new skid plate this way gasCan?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy a good majority of my stuff from down south. I've tried and gave up on local dealers for the most part.

Rockymountainatv.com used to rock, but they apparently don't ship to Canada now.

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive talked to Munn Racing in texas, and I've talked to KTM CycleHutt. both are willing to ship to Canada.

I'm planning on dropping alot more than i chould in this order. KTM tie down straps, all kinds of the small goodies liek that....

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive talked to Munn Racing in texas, and I've talked to KTM CycleHutt. both are willing to ship to Canada.

I'm planning on dropping alot more than i chould in this order. KTM tie down straps, all kinds of the small goodies liek that....

OOOhhhhh..

You're looking for KTM parts? Like branded?

Yea.. I don't buy anything KTM. I'm not a pumpkin pusher.

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could do any parts what to ever. Say a bunch of people went in on an order from BTO or MotocrossGiant. i could get my silencer and a few other things in looking for. I'd be down for that... any takers? CHEAP PARTS!!! jerseys for cheap, all that stuff.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sick that site is awesome, i asked and they said no lol...i would go in on this but i dont need anything for my bike so i'll just leave it and get a 450 next year!, thanks for the offer though!

xcrider

Reaction score
RockyMountainAtvMc.com does ship to Canada. Just got some stuff the other day. Took 4 days to arrive. They are awesome, would will earn points on purchases and every once in a while they will give you a 10% coupon. The longest I've waited was 5 days for stuff.
Their shipping costs vary with the amount of your order. And it includes duty, gst and the works.
they have great clearance items to boot.
Give the site a look see!

Dadbro

Reaction score
I have had some bad experience with shipping companies ( UPS ) charging a hidden fee called the Brokerage handling fee. On a $120 computer tablet they charged me $80 plus the shipping fee and this was when they came to my door and would not release the item till paid, another scam was when I ordered a Camera, I paid the sellers shipping fee then got nailed with a $330 fee from UPS the brokerage fee, this is ontop of the duty. Needless to say I will never use UPS even if they are sending me a Kidney... BEWARE...

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try to get your shipping by USPS if they will, it takes a little longer but no brokerage charges or I believe it is DHL also no brokerage fee's. I will not buy of anybody who insists on shipping UPS. After all ther BS charges you may as well buy it locally.:d

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tried to buy a fmf pipe for my bike in canada, the dealers say they dont make one, yet i go to the fmf web site and they do!!! just the canadian distributor desided not to import that pipe, so im chit outta luck, unless i order from the states! guess im going south.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the dollar being so good, I am planning to order a few parts for my KTM from the US.

with shipping and duty, im STILL paying less than if i went to CycleWorks to get these parts.

What im hoping for is other KTM riders who want to go in on a big order. Share the shipping costs.

let me just give you folks an example.

I plan to get an FMF PowerCore 2.

CycleWorks price, $183.95
US price, $109 ($110 CAD)

add $30 in shipping and the $20 in duty and im still saving $20. Now that may not seem like alot, but when you add up all the parts im buying, i will be saving HUNDREDS. It's like splitting on gas when you go camping with friends. you order a LOT of parts, and then shipping doesnt cost as much.

whos in?

need soem new bark busters LadyDirt?
want to buy that new skid plate this way gasCan?

im in need of some stuff for my ktm.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah UPS is a joke My Dad oredered a $600 exhaust for my borthers quad and the shipping option was USPS, but they shipped it UPS so when my dad picks it up he has to pay $95 what a bunch of B.S.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just stopped at the dealer to see if i could get a new plastics kit, the polisport kit, guess what? canadian supplier doesnt bring them into canada for that year! but the u s supliers does! what a frickin joke! if they dont want us to shop online south of the border! then start stocking stuff!!!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing to remember when using UPS is make sure it goes air freight, do not use standard (ground). Use either Express, Expidited, or 3 Day Select, the extra cost for shipping will probably be a lot less than the brokerage fees they charge for standard. I use UPS at least 3 times a week to ship to the States, and close to the same for stuff coming here, and I rarely have an issue with them. Can't say the same for DHL.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Johnny I do want to get some stuff for the KTM, I guess it just depends what site you plan on buying from and I'd have to check them out to see what they've got. I am interested in some hand guards, and new plastics but i'm looking for a particular kind so it would depend if they had it.

rock mountain atv rc has both the plastics and handguards that I want that fit my bike, and cheap..

Top Bottom